Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites 2011-2012

I'm considered an OOP applicant, actually. I kind of resent that because Saskatoon is my hometown and I lived there for 14 years, just shy of the 15 year permanent residency. Oh well. Them's the breaks.

I'll post here as soon as I receive an email! :)

Good luck.

ok thanks Hanet!

Sorry about the tough break on residency. I'm in the Aboriginal pool, and I have no idea when they come out. Sounds like this is going to last a while... it's already 2pm Saskatchewan time today.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually College of Medicine give interview invites to OOP applicants before IP; perhaps they want to know which OOP applicant is still interested! So ya I would not be worried if you have not receive a reply from them given that you are IP applicant!

Good luck everyone!

Actually College of Medicine give interview invites to OOP applicants before IP; perhaps they want to know which OOP applicant is still interested! So ya I would not be worried if you have not receive a reply from them given that you are IP applicant!

Good luck everyone!

Whew. Thanks for clearing that up, Aishley! That really helps. :)

I assume that IP USask applicants will receive their notifications on their PAWS email?

No I think IP applicant get their notifications by mail as this is what was on College of Medicine website: "February-General letter about interviews mailed".

http://www.medicine.usask.ca/education/medical/undergrad/admissions/calendar-for-applicants.html

No I think IP applicant get their notifications by mail as this is what was on College of Medicine website: "February-General letter about interviews mailed".

http://www.medicine.usask.ca/education/medical/undergrad/admissions/calendar-for-applicants.html

Nope, you will get it via whatever email you put on your application.

You then get a snail-mail letter with the same thing in the email afterwards.

INTERVIEW INVITES ARE OUT!!!! This year cut off was 83.7%, which is wow...why do I have feeling that I will not be accepted with 84% or I am not confident enough! :(

P.S. I think they send rejections by mail only because I got e-mail this time, and mail last year (which was rejection letter), but not too sure!

INTERVIEW INVITES ARE OUT!!!! This year cut off was 83.7%, which is wow...why do I have feeling that I will not be accepted with 84% or I am not confident enough! :(

P.S. I think they send rejects by mail only because I got e-mail this time, and mail last year (which was rejection letter), but not too sure!

I assume deciles increase accordingly? Maybe up to 92% for bottom of 6th (quite close to OOP)? Anyone know what the minimum interview mark was last year?

This is the site where 2012 Reference Form are available!

http://www.medicine.usask.ca/education/medical/undergrad/admissions/Important%20Documents%20for%20Applicants/index.html

Aren't cut-off's based on last-year minimum? I know last year cut-off was 82.48 or at least this is what Sherrill [from College of Medicine] told me!

@ simpsons, ya not too sure, but I know that there would be lower chance of being accepted into College of Medicine with an average that is really near the cut-off, but at least I would have experience with MMI for next year...[though I really need to be confident here!]

Good luck everyone!

P.S. I think they send rejections by mail only because I got e-mail this time, and mail last year (which was rejection letter), but not too sure!

To put it bluntly, based on last year's numbers of people with <85%, chances are about 4/270. The interview will certainly be a great experience though pressuring yourself to be the 1% might not work. You would be better served by applying yourself more and achieving a 5% higher average 2 year average to increase your chances 40 fold! That said, if you visit the non-trads forum you will see that people have overcome a lot more adversity and dedication will pay off!

And no cut offs are not based on last year's minimum. 83.9=/83.7

Congrats guys!!! Wait, how is everyone figuring out the cutoff mark? Does it say in the email?!:confused:

I believe only people that failed to get an interview are told the cut-offs at this point.

I would also like to know where these cut-offs are posted.

As well, is there any information on who we should be choosing for references? Or is it basically anyone goes?

See above and usask med admission website for the references part.

2011's interview cutoff was 83.9%, so it went down .20% because of increased no. of seats

You my good sir, are misinformed. Lowest accepted average =/ cut off.

It didn't decrease by 0.20%... a person with 83.9% got in last year... so, in essence it must have increased or stayed consistent...:cool:

What if the cut-off was 83.8% last year (it wasnt)..jk

To put it bluntly, based on last year's numbers of people with <85%, chances are about 4/270. The interview will certainly be a great experience though pressuring yourself to be the 1% might not work. You would be better served by applying yourself more and achieving a 5% higher average 2 year average to increase your chances 40 fold! That said, if you visit the non-trads forum you will see that people have overcome a lot more adversity and dedication will pay off!

And no cut offs are not based on last year's minimum. 83.9=/83.7

I believe only people that failed to get an interview are told the cut-offs at this point.

See above and usask med admission website for the references part.

You my good sir, are misinformed. Lowest accepted average =/ cut off.

What if the cut-off was 83.8% last year (it wasnt)..jk

Yeah I agree with simpson very calculated description!!! But, they haven't increased the seats (to my knowledge there has been no formal announcement from the college of M)??? Anyone (that has been in contact) care to comment if they have in fact increased the seats for admission?!

Archived