Premed 101 Forums

U of A OT Application

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey everyone,

I've submitted all my paper work and my To Do action items shows that nothing has been submitted.. Does it usually take some time to be completed or should I be contacting someone?? Thanks!!

for me, it took 2.5 weeks to update my status. Maybe you can check with them after a week and see what they say.

Thanks! I will for sure

Hey Dmuniat, I was wondering if you saw from UofA website:

Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater will normally be recommended for acceptance or conditional acceptance by March 15 of the admission year.

Do you know if that 3.5 GPA refers to the calculation of the most recent 60 credits or the gpa of the entire degree?

Hey Dmuniat, I was wondering if you saw from UofA website:

Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater will normally be recommended for acceptance or conditional acceptance by March 15 of the admission year.

Do you know if that 3.5 GPA refers to the calculation of the most recent 60 credits or the gpa of the entire degree?

Hi

Ya I think that needs to be updated because I was rejected last year for having a GPA higher than that. Other than that I'm not sure what they include in the calculation. May be helpful to email the Admissions contact.

Hi

Ya I think that needs to be updated because I was rejected last year for having a GPA higher than that. Other than that I'm not sure what they include in the calculation. May be helpful to email the Admissions contact.

Hey dmuniat, for real? You have higher than that GPA and got rejected? That's strange. Anyways, I sent them a few emails before. The replies I got are:

Our office does early admission for applicants who have GPA's higher than 3.5, if you are in the area, then you may be conditionally admitted.

3.5 is the admission GPA calculated on your last 60 credits.

Do you mind if I ask your subGPA? And did you take 30 credits in each of the last two year? Could it be because of volunteer experiences?

From their website, people who took 30 credits are ranked higher than other who didn't.

And I forgot to mention... it seems they have recently updated their website (I didn't see this 2 months ago):

http://www.uofaweb.ualberta.ca/ot/Frequently_Asked_Questions.cfm

Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater will normally be recommended for acceptance or conditional acceptance by March 15 of the admission year. The remaining applicants will be advised of their status by June 30 of the admission year. Successful applicants are advised by phone and then officially in writing.

---------------

But I think many applicants would have a GPA of 3.5 or above. If this is the only criteria, then it won't make any sense why you didn't get admitted last year.

Last year, the lowest admission GPA is 3.49 (told by the admission office). So this is absolutely bizarre if I say nearly everyone got early admission last year because apparently someone from this forum got a higher GPA and was admitted after June.

Last year, the lowest admission GPA is 3.49 (told by the admission office). So this is absolutely bizarre if I say nearly everyone got early admission last year because apparently someone from this forum got a higher GPA and was admitted after June.

I wonder if this was the lowest admission they accepted before March 15th last year.

I wonder if this was the lowest admission they accepted before March 15th last year.

I cannot say for sure, but my guess is no. I think it refers to all the admitted students. Here is their answer:

My question: Would you mind telling me about the GPA cut-off for this year and last year admision?

Their answer: The minimum admission GPA for September 2011 was 3.49

I think someone in this forum said the min admission gpa for 2010 was 3.32 and 2009 was around 3.28.

If these numbers are right, probably an even high minimum gpa is required for this year.... maybe 3.5x?? (Just my guess)

Their answer: The minimum admission GPA for September 2011 was 3.49

I think someone in this forum said the min admission gpa for 2010 was 3.32 and 2009 was around 3.28.

If these numbers are right, probably an even high minimum gpa is required for this year.... maybe 3.5x?? (Just my guess)

That certainly looks to be the trend. As long as x<5, I'm good... I hope. Then again, it does say the early admission cut-off is 3.5 even. I'm hoping they weigh references heavily.

That certainly looks to be the trend. As long as x<5, I'm good... I hope. Then again, it does say the early admission cut-off is 3.5 even. I'm hoping they weigh references heavily.

Dmunait in this thread said he/she had > 3.5 last year but didn't get admitted to UofA. So for sure, GPA is not the only criteria even though the website and admission advisor say "early admission for those 3.5 or above".

I think GPA is important, but reference letters and personal statement are important too.

I saw awhile ago (I might be wrong), UWO relies mostly on GPA, as they don't require any resume nor reference letters.

Someone in another thread (also under OT and PT session) recently said he/she had > 3.5 last year but didn't get admitted to UofA. So for sure, GPA is not the only criteria even though the website and admission advisor say "early admission for those 3.5 or above".

I think GPA is important, but reference letters and personal statement are important too.

I saw awhile ago (I might be wrong), UWO relies mostly on GPA, as they don't require any resume nor reference letters.

Which is why I didn't apply there. I certainly don't have a GPA ~3.8.

On another topic, has any one's To Do List been completely updated? It still shows my references under To Do. I'm almost positive they just haven't updated but I'd still like to hear from others in the same boat.

Which is why I didn't apply there. I certainly don't have a GPA ~3.8.

On another topic, has any one's To Do List been completely updated? It still shows my references under To Do. I'm almost positive they just haven't updated but I'd still like to hear from others in the same boat.

Mine is all completed. But it took them 2.5 weeks to update my status after receiving my documents.

• 4 weeks later...

I really hope the March 15th date is correct. It would be nice to hear from at least one school this early. OT seems to have some of the latest dates for sending out acceptance letters! It's going to make finding an apartment pretty challenging that late in the year, at least for the Ontario schools.

What courses do I need to apply for Physio? I checked out the website but I was confused about what they wanted. Anyone?

I have only Math 12u , Math11u , and Physics11,12U

So that makes it 4 Uni level courses.

I am sure I need way more.. ?

What courses do I need to apply for Physio? I checked out the website but I was confused about what they wanted. Anyone?

I have only Math 12u , Math11u , and Physics11,12U

So that makes it 4 Uni level courses.

I am sure I need way more.. ?

You'll need a 4 year degree before you can start the 2 year MScPT, if thats the program you're asking about.

I'm assuming you're finishing highschool. Keep your university grades up, get some experience volunteering/working in the field and you'll be good to go around 2016.

If I misunderstood your post, my bad.

You'll need a 4 year degree before you can start the 2 year MScPT, if thats the program you're asking about.

I'm assuming you're finishing highschool. Keep your university grades up, get some experience volunteering/working in the field and you'll be good to go around 2016.

If I misunderstood your post, my bad.

no , that is what I wanted to know. Thanks!!!

2016... =( , im 29 years old , kinda messed up my life in the past and got just recently got back in track. I just got my diploma this year as well.

I guess I got to forget Physio and do a 2 year course in college or something. Completing at 35 is not so good , and is not a guarantee , and if I do not graduate , my life will be not so great and full of troubles.

Archived