Premed 101 Forums

U of A OT Application

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it helps, I know that last year they sent out the first acceptance letters at the end of March/beginning of April. They didn't call or email, just sent out acceptance letters by snail mail.

Not sure if it'll be the same this year but that's what I know from a friend who is in her first year of OT this year

how about go for PT assistant or OT assistant??? It's two years and you'll still be able to work in rehab!

Would love to but I do no think it is enough pay. I mean I do not look too much into money but if PT assistant payed even $25 bucks- $30 I would be happy.

I seen some ads where the pay is 10$ - 15$ - $20 and I was a bit concerned.

I seriously think PT is under payed for sure. I seriously have seen ads last week where the pay was $10 and I was not too happy. Even $15 I seen alot of them .

To survive out here we need to have a decent salary , especially if you have a family. I will keep researching.

It's back to waiting impatiently then!

Monchhichi- you applied at McGill as well as U of A, right? Those are the same schools that I applied to! What is your preference? (The private message function doesn't seem to be working).

I didn't apply to McGill, I only applied to UofA, UWO and Queens. My preference is either Queens and UofA. How about you?

For those of you frantically checking the mailbox everyday for your acceptance letter, just like I was..they e-mailed me to let me know I was accepted for September and said a letter would come in the mail in April!

Thanks for the update! Do you mind sharing your subgpa and when you got the email from them?

I also just received an e-mail yesterday afternoon stating my acceptance into OT at U of A, which was my first choice so I am very excited! It stated more information will be sent in the mail come April.

My gpa is 3.83.

Good luck to you all!!

Archived