Premed 101 Forums

U of A OT Application

Any experience will be useful as long as you can relate it to OT.

Think about how your experience at a physio clinic will be helpful for you as an OT or an OT student. Once you can answer that, I am sure you will be able incorporate it in your application. All the best for next year!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have any directly related experience to OT. I think it depends on how your relate your experience to the program / profession. You don't need direct experience, but tell the school how your skills are important to the profession.

Do you mind sharing who you used as a reference for the schools?

I'm thinking a prof who knows me well, and either my boss at work or another professor. Any suggestions?

Do you mind sharing who you used as a reference for the schools?

I'm thinking a prof who knows me well, and either my boss at work or another professor. Any suggestions?

My prof and my current employer. I know for UofA, you need 1 academic reference, the other one you can choose whoever you want. So I guess your current employer should be the best (but make sure he/she is willing to write something positive for you.)

I took 3 courses with that prof, 2 of them were research based. He knows me well and I got good grades in his courses.

I have a feeling (maybe I am wrong), UofA actually don't look at much about your reference letters nor resumes. I mean they are important, but GPA is their first concern. So as long as your reference letters are positive and you can relate your skills and experience to OT profession, you should be ok.

• 2 weeks later...

OH thats helpful!If I have a subgpa of 3.67, do you think that would make me competitive for U of A?

My prof and my current employer. I know for UofA, you need 1 academic reference, the other one you can choose whoever you want. So I guess your current employer should be the best (but make sure he/she is willing to write something positive for you.)

I took 3 courses with that prof, 2 of them were research based. He knows me well and I got good grades in his courses.

I have a feeling (maybe I am wrong), UofA actually don't look at much about your reference letters nor resumes. I mean they are important, but GPA is their first concern. So as long as your reference letters are positive and you can relate your skills and experience to OT profession, you should be ok.

Archived