Premed 101 Forums

Count down

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
awfully quiet in here with (hopefully) 48ish hours to go :P

baby niece was born yesterday so all was quiet, not even a mouse was stirring. :D

wait what, wrong season; oooh medical! That's still in my mind too :-p and wrote a midterm. Possibly less than 48 hours to go or 4 days to go! I'm all over the place! :eek:

baby niece was born yesterday so all was quiet, not even a mouse was stirring. :D

wait what, wrong season; oooh medical! That's still in my mind too :-p and wrote a midterm. Possibly less than 48 hours to go or 4 days to go! I'm all over the place! :eek:

Congrats on your niece! My sister had her first baby in August, and it is quite the thing to have a niece. I was lucky in that we live near each other and she let me witness the birth.

Congrats on your niece! My sister had her first baby in August, and it is quite the thing to have a niece. I was lucky in that we live near each other and she let me witness the birth.

Thanks.

first baby is usually a handful and witnessing a birth just makes you so happy when you see the mom + baby together after the painful labour aye? :D

Congrats! That is such awesome news.... and also probably very distracting from our imminent decision letters :P

I can believe how quiet it's been on this thread! It could be less than 24 hours now :eek: I wish we had a set date, my anxiety might not be so bad if I knew exactly when it would all be over. If I hadn't been out so late last night I might not have been able to sleep tonight, but I doubt I'll have that problem haha

Honestly, I'm expecting to hear tomorrow. Last year the letters were sent out on March 7th, which was a Monday, and if I'm not mistaken the year before that was the Monday of the week it was sent out as well. Anyway, I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow what's going on.

Honestly, I'm expecting to hear tomorrow. Last year the letters were sent out on March 7th, which was a Monday, and if I'm not mistaken the year before that was the Monday of the week it was sent out as well. Anyway, I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow what's going on.

I am too, Monday makes the most sense. I hope the system doesn't fail like it did last year.

Are you guys thinking letters will come out tomorrow just because they did last year (even though it says on the website it'll be on Wednesday)? I hope it's tomorrow as well... I just don't want to get my hopes up!

Are you guys thinking letters will come out tomorrow just because they did last year (even though it says on the website it'll be on Wednesday)? I hope it's tomorrow as well... I just don't want to get my hopes up!

Somewhere else on the website it says on March 5th... keep in mind that after both dates (5th and 7th) it says "tentative". It could be later in the week, or anytime at all really... Although another poster here claimed that they called and were told that it would be this week....

i've been reading the faculty of medicine calendar today (http://dlm.cal.dal.ca/_MEDI.htm) and came across a neat fact, the acceptance fee is $1,000 this year. in past years wasn't it just a few hundred dollars?

Thanks for the neat fact! I'm pretty sure you're right about previous years. It seems Dal is pinching pennies in a lot of aspects so this isn't surprising.

Here's the paragraph novascotia2010 is mentioning for the lazy:

14. Acceptance Fee

On notice of acceptance into the Faculty of Medicine, applicants must be prepared to sign a formal agreement of acceptance and to deposit with the Student Accounts Office the sum of $1000 before a specified date. This sum is credited toward tuition fees if the student registers but is not refunded if the student withdraws, or declines an offer of admission.

Yeah, I do! There's another page on the website that lists the day as the 5th too.

It's an email with a link to a login, then you log in and download your letter if I remember correctly.

Edit: I did remember correctly, I just found the email from last year.

Yes you remembered correctly :D

and last year the "letters" came out between 9:30 - 10 am. Last year when they released them between 9-9:30, a lot of people couldn't access them and some of us freaked out.

I'm hoping the lack of posts = fewer applicants this year? :D :D which means higher chances for us this year? :D

Ooh shoot! My computer crashed a few months ago and I'm not sure where my account info for Dal is... I'm using the same email address, but I wonder if I'll be able to log in :confused: .

No worries you just need your B00 number!

edit: Banner ID is what I meant, and email address!

Archived