Premed 101 Forums

Countdown

Guest alliek

Hm, good point. I'll contact them on Monday. Congrats on the publications you guys! Rapy, did you accept the seat at MUN? You must be so thrilled!

And yes! Approximately 2 weeks to go! I'm getting pretty anxious.. One of my roommates is waiting to hear back from U of C and he's pretty anxious too so we commiserate a lot haha

Yes, I did accept the seat and will be going to MUN. It had taken a few kicks at the can for me to get in so I am more than pumped to be heading to St. John's in August. Hopefully you'll be saying the same thing in a few weeks!!!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, I did accept the seat and will be going to MUN. It had taken a few kicks at the can for me to get in so I am more than pumped to be heading to St. John's in August. Hopefully you'll be saying the same thing in a few weeks!!!

Awesome! Good for you! This is my second kick, I really hope I hear good news but I realize how competitive it is.. only a couple more weeks until our letters go out! I would love to live in St. John's next year.. here's hoping :)

I had something published too... I wish I had though to call!

Well, the office just said they would add my CIHR funding notice to my file, so it seems as though the admissions committee has not yet met. You could very likely call in or email notice of your publication. They will probably add it.

Well, the office just said they would add my CIHR funding notice to my file, so it seems as though the admissions committee has not yet met. You could very likely call in or email notice of your publication. They will probably add it.

Good for you! I'll give it a go!

Also, congratulations on the CIHR scholarship!

Update: They added it for me too!

However, I cant help but wonder if they are agreeing to add information to files that have been reviewed and will not be re-viewed in an attempt to stop us from discerning if they've made decisions...

Good for you! I'll give it a go!

Also, congratulations on the CIHR scholarship!

Update: They added it for me too!

However, I cant help but wonder if they are agreeing to add information to files that have been reviewed and will not be re-viewed in an attempt to stop us from discerning if they've made decisions...

I find this funny - I called them about three weeks ago to add information to my file. They told me I couldn't - and they didn't even know who I was or anything about me at this point. I called, they said hi, I said "I'm calling to ask if I can add some information regarding new scholarships I have received and employment I have gained since my application was handed in" and they said "No, sorry."

I find this funny - I called them about three weeks ago to add information to my file. They told me I couldn't - and they didn't even know who I was or anything about me at this point. I called, they said hi, I said "I'm calling to ask if I can add some information regarding new scholarships I have received and employment I have gained since my application was handed in" and they said "No, sorry."

Lol. I emailed... so I have proof! But yea, I doubt it will make any difference at this point.

Really? That's so odd... if they didn't get your name or info at the time you could try again?

Though, ha. Maybe they HAVE reviewed the files already and aren't actually doing any updating/additions..

2010, ppl found out on Saturday the 15th...

2011, ppl found out on Monday the 2nd, just shy of two weeks earlier...

2012, maybe we'll find out this Friday (just shy of one week earlier)?

So, turns out I'm going to be out of the country for the first week or so of May, so I called the office yesterday asking if it would be a problem. They told me that they are HOPING to send the letters in the first week (so I may have to get somebody to submit my acceptance on my behalf - if I choose to accept), but they very well might get it out even earlier than that, she said it depends on how fast they get through it all.

So probably not this Friday, but who knows!

So, turns out I'm going to be out of the country for the first week or so of May, so I called the office yesterday asking if it would be a problem. They told me that they are HOPING to send the letters in the first week (so I may have to get somebody to submit my acceptance on my behalf - if I choose to accept), but they very well might get it out even earlier than that, she said it depends on how fast they get through it all.

So probably not this Friday, but who knows!

Wishful thinking on my part!

In the mean time, I think that you get until the end fo May to respond regardless of when they send the letters.

When I got my acceptance in March they said I had two weeks to get back to them.

Yeah, this is what they told me on the phone as well. This is why I am hoping we actually get the letters AFTER May 1st, so that I have a window of overlap between when I have to accept my MUN offer (if I am so fortunate as to get one), and whatever Ontario offers I get on May 15th.

When I got my acceptance in March they said I had two weeks to get back to them.

Fair enough.

I had read this on the Calgary blog:

"other schools nation wide are not releasing until May, and the deadline for response nationally is going to be May 31st, so there is not going to be much waitlist movement prior to June."

I believe that only refers to schools in Ontario and western Canada which are released on May 15th. Then they have two weeks to reply, so May 31st. I had two weeks to respond to Memorial, but it may be different for in-province students. You may get longer, I'm not sure. However, Dalhousie gave a almost a month to respond so maybe Memorial will be similar.

I think it would be easier if all the Canadian schools used email acceptances that were sent on the same day so students didn't get stuck paying deposits and then changing their minds.

I wrote that because, to the best of knowledge, no schools east of Ontario release their decisions on May 15th. Schools in Quebec and Atlantic Canada make their own schedules.

Sorry.

That wasn't supposed to be saucy towards you at all...

I was just remarking that sometimes people forget that Canada continues east of Ontario. Seemingly, in this case, the admissions (dean?) at Calgary.

Sorry.

That wasn't supposed to be saucy towards you at all...

I was just remarking that sometimes people forget that Canada continues east of Ontario. Seemingly, in this case, the admissions (dean?) at Calgary.

Heh, yeah I've seen much of that. When I moved to BC and got asked where I was from I would often say "oh the east coast" only to be met with "oh, Toronto?". Made me chuckle.

Also, less than a week until we reach May folks!

Heh, yeah I've seen much of that. When I moved to BC and got asked where I was from I would often say "oh the east coast" only to be met with "oh, Toronto?". Made me chuckle.

Also, less than a week until we reach May folks!

Mmmhhmmm... I was in the rockies a while back... People would ask where I was from, I'd say NL, and then they'd ask where that was... But, in their defence, I think they were mostly vacation/work type people from Australia... Although, I can name and locate the states in their country!

This time last year, the acceptance letters were already in the mail. I was just browsing through the accepted/waitlisted/rejected thread, and somebody posted that they called the admissions office, and were informed that the letters were put in the mail on the 29th (last friday of April).

Who knows, maybe the letters are in the mail now, and people will start to receive them early next week?

This time last year, the acceptance letters were already in the mail. I was just browsing through the accepted/waitlisted/rejected thread, and somebody posted that they called the admissions office, and were informed that the letters were put in the mail on the 29th (last friday of April).

Who knows, maybe the letters are in the mail now, and people will start to receive them early next week?

Yeah? We're getting super close.. I can't lie, I'm having mixed feelings and lots of anxiety..

Archived