Premed 101 Forums

Countdown

Guest alliek

I love the betting that's going on.. we should all pick a date and see who is closest to try to liven up this waiting process :P

And thanks coffeenut for the info about the letters! It appears that students who applied to Dalhousie have received their emails, I do wish MUN would jump on the email notification train too (especially since I'm in BC and will have to wait a little longer for my letter to make it across the country...)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although the admissions people say that no IP responses will be sent out until mid-March, I'm going to bet against that.

I bet IP competition results will go out mid-April, just because we were a little ahead of schedule this year, and last year it went out early March.

Although the admissions people say that no IP responses will be sent out until mid-March, I'm going to bet against that.

I bet IP competition results will go out mid-April, just because we were a little ahead of schedule this year, and last year it went out early March.

Change March to May (:P ) and I'd say you're probably right.

awfully quiet on this thread... any OOP from Ontario (who have interviewed) hear back yet?

No - waiting for decision as well. I called admissions office last week and they said we would find out in mid-march via registered mail but that's about all I know

So... does anyone have any news? Med school related or otherwise?

Does anyone know if the admissions committee meets multiple times to discuss files, or just one be all end all meeting?

Does anyone care to guess how long it takes for offers to go out once the admissions committee have made decisions?

Does anyone have an update on when they think we will hear from the admissions committee?

I'm dying here...

So... does anyone have any news? Med school related or otherwise?

Does anyone know if the admissions committee meets multiple times to discuss files, or just one be all end all meeting?

Does anyone care to guess how long it takes for offers to go out once the admissions committee have made decisions?

Does anyone have an update on when they think we will hear from the admissions committee?

I'm dying here...

I so wish I had some info to share. Like you, I am also dying to hear some information or about movement of any kind from admissions. This wait is excruciating! Hoping someone has some news (either concrete or simply speculation)!

I called the admission office on Tuesday. I told them that I heard out of province offers had gone out about a month early, and that I was wondering if it was possible for in province to be early as well. I received the familiar response of first or second week of May... but I still have a feeling (wishful thinking?) that it will be sooner than that. No facts to support it... just wanting the wait to be over!

That would be nice (in case I go through this process again).. May seems so far away. I was chatting about MUN with an OOP friend who received an acceptance and I got so excited about the possibility of moving back to the island. If I had to bet, I'd say letters will go out around the same time as last year though (1st week of May), since someone said they heard the admissions committee is meeting in April.

That would be nice (in case I go through this process again).. May seems so far away. I was chatting about MUN with an OOP friend who received an acceptance and I got so excited about the possibility of moving back to the island. If I had to bet, I'd say letters will go out around the same time as last year though (1st week of May), since someone said they heard the admissions committee is meeting in late April.

I feel the same way, I'd love to be able to move back to the island. I figure they'll probably come out the same time as last year as well, but, no harm in hoping for earlier!

Well, March is coming to an end, that's another month of waiting behind us! I vaguely recall an earlier post by someone who claimed to know the adcom was meeting in April sometime, so we are getting there folks!

Does anyone have any news to share?

I've been passing the time by fiercely working on my thesis (my defense is in April), trying to finish up my last stats course, and last night I went to my very first Canucks game (woohoo!). How's everyone else doing?

I don't know when the committee is meeting, though I am fairly certain that it hasn't happened yet.

So, anyone who thought we were a month ahead of last year and might find out in early April... its not looking good on that front.

I'm also working fiercely on my thesis, hoping to have it examined and completed by June 15th (its not looking good on that front either)... On the off chance that some other school might like to offer me admission.

Well, at least from what I can see looking at last years acceptances/rejects, acceptances went out around the 2nd/3rd of May. So, we're only about a month away! At least it's a little sooner than the Ontario schools release results!

I don't know when the committee is meeting, though I am fairly certain that it hasn't happened yet.

So, anyone who thought we were a month ahead of last year and might find out in early April... its not looking good on that front.

I'm also working fiercely on my thesis, hoping to have it examined and completed by June 15th (its not looking good on that front either)... On the off chance that some other school might like to offer me admission.

Waiting is tough for sure! Do you have any reason to believe the committee hasn't met? Or is it just a gut feeling? Just curious! I'm trying to pinpoint a timeframe to keep myself sane.

I really hope it's a bit early, as I'm going to have to wait a week or so longer than everybody else in the IP pool, as I'm currently living in Ontario. I know the Ontario schools only give you two weeks to decide, so I'm hoping that I get the offer (if there is one) from MUN before that time is up!

I really hope it's a bit early, as I'm going to have to wait a week or so longer than everybody else in the IP pool, as I'm currently living in Ontario. I know the Ontario schools only give you two weeks to decide, so I'm hoping that I get the offer (if there is one) from MUN before that time is up!

Registered mail takes about a week to get to Ontario? Oh dear.. I'm in BC.. that's not so fun.

Guest alliek

Either way, worst case scenario it shouldn't be much more than a month before we know! Whatever the answer, I just can't wait to have the waiting over with!

Canada Post website would suggest 4 day delivery nationwide...

I'm happy to be local!

Oh nice! Thanks so much for posting that, 4 days isn't too bad.. and agreed alliek, having only about a month to go is great either way!

Archived