Premed 101 Forums

Countdown

Guest alliek

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait to get the decisions back. I just wish we knew when that would be! It's exciting that the OOP decisions have been released. Does anyone know if the waitlist/rejection/acceptance letters all come in the same size envelopes?

I have heard nothing regarding IP applications. I do have to call the admissions office tomorrow to change one of my verifiers (due to a staff change within an organization) so I will try to glean insight on the IP application process if possible.

p.s. Congrats to you psqu for getting on the waitlist, it's better than a no and still gives you the possibility of getting in!

Not true - I had to sign for my rejection :(

I also had to sign for mine last year. It came registered mail via Canada Post in a large, white, rectangle envelope. But, as someone already mentioned above, I knew it was too thin to be an acceptance as soon as I held it.

i still do not believe the mid-may thing. even though a friend of mine heard from a decent source that the adcom meeting for IP applicants isn't happening until april sometime.

Why do you not believe the mid-may thing then?

The interviews were not really ahead of schedule... I believe that they crammed the interviews into one less day; also, they may have started a week earlier.

With respect to OOP decisions, my understanding is that there were no cancelled interviews this year (ie, no OOP missed interviews do to cancelled/delayed flights) and I think that MUN is making an effort to speed these decisions to be competitive with Dalhousie. Similar pressure does not exist with IP, and the selection process is more laborious for IP. As such, with respect to date of notification, I would not expect any huge change this year compared to last.

Guest alliek

MUN's timeline says that interview decisions are made in January and interviews are held Jan/Feb/March. But decisions were made in Dec and interviews were all held in January. Also, OOP decisions were released the end of Feb instead of the end of March, like their website says. So, I think everything is definitely ahead of schedule. On top of that I have a friend who works in the admin office who said that everything is being sped up this year.

So while I agree that there aren't the same pressures for IP, I don't think it's unreasonable to hope the decisions will be ahead of schedule like everything else.

Even so, last year notifications were first week of May, which was earlier than mid May like the website said then and still does now.

Conversely, although it seems like everything is moved up, a) delays happen (we IPers might not hear a thing until late May) and B) thinking about it won't make it come faster or affect the results.

Just something I keep reminding myself of. Comforting thoughts, I know :P

So while I agree that there aren't the same pressures for IP, I don't think it's unreasonable to hope the decisions will be ahead of schedule like everything else.

I certainly hope that you're right! But I think that many factors might have contributed to early OOP decisions, and I don't think that those factors will impact the IP decision timeline as significantly. If you're right, and we both get in, then I'll buy you a drink!

Waitlist/Rejections will be a single page or 2. But in a large envelope. Acceptances are actually thicker. They do contain your whole package..Forms to sign etc. Last year they all came via Canada post registered mail..So you had to sign for it whether it was a rejection or acceptance

Archived