Premed 101 Forums

Dating and Med School

Guest KG06

The important thing is not to judge. Ultimately, if one can't bear being number 15 or 20 then they probably should break up with the person - but most people in their 20's have had a few sexual partners in this day and age and some quid pro quo is required on both sides.

2 is setting your bar pretty high, but that is just my humble opinion. You seem to be doing fine so this is all just interesting discussion

I agree with you there.

However, we can still be optimists! :P

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
many people have phases that they need to grow out of. Using the past to judge the present of someone who has moved on since then is unfair in my opinion.

I agree with this entirely...

Although if I'm the 75th dude... well... ya know...

haha

I think you're definetly calling him out! K. I'll stop instigating. Lol.

lol troublemaker.

If I found out at that point, it would probably make me think twice about the person I was with (unless they expressed their regret over it) Just my opinion. I'm sure there are some girls who might be all for the idea of a one-night stand!

same, it really makes you think about the kind of person at that point (not saying these people are terrible, its just their values are probably different than mine).

Lol SpanishFly your opinion has been duely noted and tossed away.

ha, as much as I expected.

I would definitely need to know about my woman's sexual history. Personally, a woman who has had over 2 sexual partners is already off my marriage list. I know it's a bit traditional, but I'm totally into women who are careful with who they sleep with.

Zuck

I agree, once again, I think it says a lot about the type of person. One of my very good friends has had 7 partners and shes like my family, so I pass no judgment and I certainly don't think shes a bad person, I just know that her values on that particular facet of life are very different from mine and that ultimately will define the type of partner you end up with. Unfortunately due to the paradoxical nature of my life, I'm usually attracted to the kind of guy whos a slut...I'm doomed for life haha.

lol troublemaker.

I agree, once again, I think it says a lot about the type of person. One of my very good friends has had 7 partners and shes like my family, so I pass no judgment and I certainly don't think shes a bad person, I just know that her values on that particular facet of life are very different from mine and that ultimately will define the type of partner you end up with. Unfortunately due to the paradoxical nature of my life, I'm usually attracted to the kind of guy whos a slut...I'm doomed for life haha.

lol. I love how people how arbitrary numbers for what is seen as good or bad for number of sexual partners. If a person has been with 7 people this could be good or bad. Is there really anything wrong with 7 people in the last 6 years? I wouldn't think so, that's enough time to start a relationship and get to the point where you would sleep with the person. 7 people in a year or less would be bad.

It shouldn't be the number of people he/she has been with but the type of relationships they have done. Is anyone going to be surprised if someone starts a relationship and wants it to work out, and sleeps with the person after a number of months of dating?

The real ones you want to stay away from are the ones that are casual with their partners and don't bother with meaningful relationships.

7 people is a lot to me! For some people that may not be a huge number. However, I'm a very very picky guy. It's funny, because women tell me that they can sense that I'm extremely picky just by looking at me.

Wolvenstar has a good point. 7 people in a shorter time is definitely worse. However, to me, even 7 people total is a bit sleezy.

I can pretty much tell if a woman is sleezy almost by simply looking at her. A person's appearance and features tell me a lot.

There was this one girl I recently had a conversation with. I told her that I could read her totally just by talking to her for a few seconds. Her whole face showed slutty signs. I told her that she has a dirt bag boyfriend who is going no where in life. She has had greater than 10 sexual partners, etc. Anyways, after this, she reluctantly told me I was dead right.

Zuck

lol. I love how people how arbitrary numbers for what is seen as good or bad for number of sexual partners. If a person has been with 7 people this could be good or bad. Is there really anything wrong with 7 people in the last 6 years? I wouldn't think so, that's enough time to start a relationship and get to the point where you would sleep with the person. 7 people in a year or less would be bad.

It shouldn't be the number of people he/she has been with but the type of relationships they have done. Is anyone going to be surprised if someone starts a relationship and wants it to work out, and sleeps with the person after a number of months of dating?

The real ones you want to stay away from are the ones that are casual with their partners and don't bother with meaningful relationships.

yea its a valid, albeit obvious (:P ) point but this is where people's personal values will vary. for you, the overall number may not matter but the nature of the relationships, and while for me, obviously the nature of the relationship will obviously be important, because like you said, its better if the person was in a committed relationship vs. someone who sleeps around and has no intention of pursuing a relationship, I still think 7 is a lot and thats my personal opinion. That doesn't mean that if I meet the love of my life and hes had that many partners, that I won't be willing to at least try and work past it, it just means it would be a huge minus (just like you would prefer a girl whos had more rather than fewer partners..to each his own I guess). Moral of the story=everyone has their own values and beliefs on the subject, and the best we can do is find someone who is on the same wavelength.

7 people is a lot to me! For some people that may not be a huge number. However, I'm a very very picky guy. It's funny, because women tell me that they can sense that I'm extremely picky just by looking at me.

Wolvenstar has a good point. 7 people in a shorter time is definitely worse. However, to me, even 7 people total is a bit sleezy.

I can pretty much tell if a woman is sleezy almost by simply looking at her. A person's appearance and features tell me a lot.

There was this one girl I recently had a conversation with. I told her that I could read her totally just by talking to her for a few seconds. Her whole face showed slutty signs. I told her that she has a dirt bag boyfriend who is going no where in life. She has had greater than 10 sexual partners, etc. Anyways, after this, she reluctantly told me I was dead right.

Zuck

Lol, so I assume that the average age of everyone in this thread to be 20 or 21 years of age. Especially you Zuck, I hope you find your love early on, because unless you don't mind a younger gf, if your aren't with someone by the time your 30, then you are gonna have to look at 18-20yr old women for someone to marry.

As I mentioned before too, I think that if a women has had a few serious relationships it has given her perspective on life. She is going to know what she wants in life, will be able to see it easier than other girls, and is less likely to play games with you.

Guest begaster

Zuckman, you are incredibly judgmental. It's rather off-putting. Stop being so bloody righteous.

I feel a lot of you lack any real social experiences. You live in bubbles. I can't name a single girl who has slept with less than two guys in my circle of friends. To judge people as unworthy because of something so trivial... Wow. Just, wow.

Zuck

wtf? are you kidding me?

You've gotta be like 17 years old or something

Guest begaster

More than two partners isn't "sleeping around." It could mean three or four serious, year-long relationships. How ridiculous to believe that having a few steady boyfriends makes a girl slutty, or sets off your "whore-dar" as you put it.

More importantly, to judge someone for enjoying sex is absolutely ridiculous. Get off your high horse and stop with this Madonna-whore complex you've got going on. It's unhealthy.

I think Olu hit it on the head - you have the mentality of a 17-year-old. Now, I assume you are older but merely have the experiences of one. I suggest you put yourself out there, meet some people, and broaden your social circle. As I said before, you live in a very strange bubble that is nothing like the real world around you.

It's unhealthy? lmao

Let me clarify something. If a woman has slept with 4 or 5 guys, it will definitely be an issue for me. However, I don't mean that she will be definitely off my marriage list. It's simply a red flag for me. Maybe it's not a red flag for you, but it is for me. I find women who are more choosy to be more attractive. That's not unhealthy my friend. It's a personal preferance.

Yes, sex should be enjoyable. What I can't respect in a woman is casual sex. I cannot really respect women who have multiple casual partners or those women who are into polyamory and all that 'modern lifestyle' stuff. We all have our values and for me, being selective with whom you sleep with is important.

Begaster, just chill out and respect everyone's opinion on these forums. You seem so emotionally overwhelmed. Just chill...

Zuck

Guest begaster

I'm not in the least bit emotionally overwhelmed. In fact, I'm not even entirely sure that that's the phrase you're looking for. Therefore, I'll assume you mean emotionally invested and continue. If you think I'm putting any emotion into this, I'm really not. And I'm rather relaxed. Truthfully, the simple problem is that your posts annoy me. It bugs me to see people who are so unbelievably judgmental towards others for no legitimate reason. Now, when I log off here, I won't recall your posts, nor will I care too much about them. Ergo, I'm not emotionally invested in this at all.

That being said, as I sit here and read what you write, your posts, as I just mentioned, annoy me. Therefore, I'm calling you out on them, that's all. And yes, you have the freedom to express your opinion, and I have the freedom to express mine regarding yours, and so on, so forth. Neither of us has the right to expect that everyone will respect our opinions. I find your opinions narrow-minded, shallow, and rather immature. Nothing worth respecting in them, especially when you call people who are very close to me (including my sister, for that matter) whores.

No, I don't live in a bubble. I have a very large social circle. I chill with manwhores and pimps. I chill with high school sweet heart couples. I chill with women who are 25 and still virgins. I chill with women who are sluts and constantly call me to 'hang out' (yes I'm a very attractive man physically). I chill with men who are still virgins at 28 (some people are very religious). I chill with all types.

I have varied experiences. I'm very mature for my age (from what many people tell me). I just am very selective.

Zuck

This has been an entertaining exchange. And Zuckman, contradicting yourself within five posts is a sign of a weak argument.

Personally, a woman who has had over 2 sexual partners is already off my marriage list.
... and then you go on to say that having four or five partners is merely a "red flag". But dismiss that and continue boasting about your "whoredar" skills. It's wildly hilarious.

I refuse to be bullied by current "morals" that say I can do whatever I want because it's the new age of feminism and it's not within the rules of my father/husband to govern what I do. And if I date someone who is not going to respect my beliefs... he goes bye-bye.

I guess ur not a believer of Christina Aguileraism.

:P

Guest begaster
This has been an entertaining exchange. And Zuckman, contradicting yourself within five posts is a sign of a weak argument.

If you're referring to the exchange with me, I always aim to please. :cool:

I cannot really respect women who have multiple casual partners or those women who are into polyamory and all that 'modern lifestyle' stuff.

I don't like that term, and I'm glad you used it in quotes. To say those sorts of things are modern kind of denotes that it's the direction that society should move in or advance towards. I prefer the term alternative lifestyle.

Some good sharing of opinions in this thread!

Archived