Premed 101 Forums

Post-interview jitters?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With 24 days left just wondering how people are planning to open up their emails on May 15th? I've heard from friends who have opened it by themselves or surrounded by family. So what are you plans?

Just found out that I'll be opening my all alone since I'll be in UK and the only person I know there (my boyfriend), went ahead and fractured his fibula today...so he can't drive over :(

I'm going to try to stay up super late the night before so I can sleep through the morning instead of being awake and all frantic

But lets be honest in reality I will sleep with my blackberry and be constantly waking up every few minutes to check if there is an email

This is really freaking me out right now . I mean in 24 days our futures can be decided dun dun dun

The e-mail address that the e-mail will be going to is the only one I don't have on my blackberry... I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. On one hand, it'll be good because I won't know until I turn on my computer (at whatever time) and check....

On the other hand.... I won't know until I turn on my computer and check! :P

Anyone remember when abouts people heard last year? I think it was like 10 am or so? I remember just not checking until after dinner knowing that the email was in my inbox but simply not checking it.

I totally showed the system that I was the boss ;) then i took a waitlist to the knee...

I'll be at work at the hospital! Suddenly, I'll go from technician to future med student and tell the patient I'm with 'Oh, just a minute, NOW I can take a stab at interpreting your test results!' :D Thinking positively now...

I managed to stay positive all the way until after the interview. Then I allowed myself to wallow in misery. I did not want to sabotage the interview.

Misery? That's an extreme word! If you did your best and didn't freeze up so as not to say anything, then you should be proud of yourself! Keeping busy works like a hot dam*. Work is tiring and then I have 3 online courses in science! (maniacal laughter ensues while my hair frazzles in every direction)

Probably get drunk the day before so that I can wake up at around 12 pm on May 15th..And I think that saves a lot of constant email refreshing..

I thought about this... but then I thought about the possibility that I would wake up with a head-shattering hangover, and THEN be rejected from all of the medical schools that I interviewed at. That would probably make May 15th the most miserable day of my existence. So, I'll suck it up and wait anxiously all night. Do a Star Trek marathon or something.

I thought about this... but then I thought about the possibility that I would wake up with a head-shattering hangover, and THEN be rejected from all of the medical schools that I interviewed at. That would probably make May 15th the most miserable day of my existence. So, I'll suck it up and wait anxiously all night. Do a Star Trek marathon or something.

Getting drunk is for after the email, whether it is acceptance or rejection!

The anxiety is killing me... I seriously cannot stand waiting any longer.

As far as we know, the decisions have been made and they are just sitting around... collecting dust...

Until magically, someone pushes the GO button at each school.

I hold 2 lottery tickets... one of them is my biggest dream ever. I know I will be disappointed if I don't get it. But if I don't then, oh well.

I can't complain, I have an acceptance or two to a few good schools in the US. But... still. The US is not Canada, and I want to stay in Canada.

*fingers crossed for us all*

The anxiety is killing me... I seriously cannot stand waiting any longer.

As far as we know, the decisions have been made and they are just sitting around... collecting dust...

Until magically, someone pushes the GO button at each school.

I hold 2 lottery tickets... one of them is my biggest dream ever. I know I will be disappointed if I don't get it. But if I don't then, oh well.

I can't complain, I have an acceptance or two to a few good schools in the US. But... still. The US is not Canada, and I want to stay in Canada.

*fingers crossed for us all*

So greedy.;) Already has acceptances to American med schools, but wants a Canadian one too.

For some reason the thought that they already have decided on who is accepted really worries me. I keep imagining them looking at my file and saying "why did we invite this guy to an interview anyway?" or "Can you believe he said that during the interview?" If I am accepted it will truly feel like a miracle (and I will sacrifice 30 fattened calves to the deity that gets me in).

So greedy.;) Already has acceptances to American med schools, but wants a Canadian one too.

For some reason the thought that they already have decided on who is accepted really worries me. I keep imagining them looking at my file and saying "why did we invite this guy to an interview anyway?" or "Can you believe he said that during the interview?" If I am accepted it will truly feel like a miracle (and I will sacrifice 30 fattened calves to the deity that gets me in).

I see your 30 and raise you 40! ;)

I would argue that getting drunk the night before to make the wait seem shorter isnt the best coping strategy and may not serve you well as a coping method in med school or as a physician nervous about a scheduled surgery you are doing on a patient the next day:) But I understand ...

I asked for the day off to just distract myself all day in my small town, watching a movie, playing video games but now am thinking that I may head to work as there is a planning/brain storming meeting I could be at in the city which would distract me well enough and then I could go shopping afterwards to drown out sorrows if rejected. Then I would be forced to wait until lunch time to just do one check rather than obsessively be refreshing my email as everyone feels they will if not distracted. However I will be pretty useles in the afternoon at the planning meeting if I get rejected or if I get in!

Not sure what to do quite yet.

Strangely I have been extremely positive for the past 3 weeks effectively believing I will gain admission ... almost to a delusional level where I have actually told my girlfriend that I would like to take one of the couches to an apartment in the city where I will need to move to ... and we had a bit of a low level argument whether or not I could take it ... never mind that I paid for the couch ... LOL. Anyway, you can see I am a bit delusional but it sure beats the dread I was feeling up to the MMI interview almost since receiving the interview invite to the interview. So I felt I had no chance for that period of time ... a total change.

Archived