Premed 101 Forums

Post-interview jitters?

Last year in the first station of my MMI I totally froze up. I was so nervous and my mouth was so dry I couldn't talk at first. Probably 3 minutes went by with only saying about 6 - 8 words. Thankfully, at that point the interviewer asked me to talk about myself for a couple minutes. I could barely do that, then I brushed over the topic of the station - very poorly - for the last 90 - 120 seconds or so. It was a disaster. (However, I still know that I ended up scoring pretty good on my MMI overall)

Ouch. How do you know you did well for the other stations?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
as it so happens, i have to do something on that day that requires my full attention, until 5pm at least, so i WILL NOT be checking my email until 5:01! it's going to be tough.....

Same here...it's going to be a super long day.

Mostly because I'll be in England, so I have to wait for 5pm before it's even noon over here, so I won't be getting anything. Also it'll be my second day of work, and I'm not sure how my boss would handle me jumping up and down screaming/completely in tears lol

p.s. One lottery ticket here as well!! GOOOO WESTERN :D

i didn't know adcoms give out this info. is this just for a particular school, or all of them?

I suspect that most do not. I have also heard that the medical school in which I talked to someone in admissions stopped doing this last year as well. I called them last year a couple days after the acceptances went out, but it was about something else on my application, as I was on the waitlist and I was pretty certain I would not gain admission off the waitlist I asked about improving my application for the following year. I was not given any kind of detailed information, but more or less just confirmed which was pretty obvious anyways: I was told that I did quite well in all areas but one (in which I was below average for accepted students) so that one area is what I needed to concentrate on in the future. I asked about the interview - as I had mixed feelings about how I did and I figured that it would be a relatively easy area to improve if I was lacking. I was told something along the lines of: your interview was pretty strong or quite strong, and the person again stressed the area I was below average compared to those accepted.

Where such contact with admissions would be more valuable would be for applicants who were not granted interviews or not put on the waitlist. As these applicants may not be aware that they had a poor reference or something along those lines.

Does the e-mail come on May 15 at 5:00? Or does it come in the morning?

Most come out in the morning and at latest around lunchtime. the other user and I were only talking about 5pm because they have something keeping them away from the computer until then and I'm in England so there's a time difference lol

Don't worry :P Most people try to sleep in a bit and then find out first thing in the morning.

i didn't know adcoms give out this info. is this just for a particular school, or all of them?

Most won't at all - actually thought none did usually. If they did then the office's would be overwhelmed constantly.

I guess there would be little point at some schools as well. Western posts all of its cut offs for instance so there is little to talk about. Toronto is pretty clear everything is a black box etc.

2 lottery tickets...not satisfied with my performance at both schools. On top of that, my grades are terrible for the last semester and I cannot concentrate on my exams :S Applied to Masters and I'm interviewing with potential supervisors too. Don't feel good about doing research at all....

To ease the pain, I have my own way of calculating my chances. I've downloaded this game and the number of coins that I get during each round is representative of my chances at that school (i.e. If I get 30 coins in a round then I have 30% chance of getting in) Right now, my chances at UBC hover around 43% and Ottawa 46%. Unfortunately, my chances of pursuing a Masters degree is around 61%. And yes, I'm getting insane

2 lottery tickets...not satisfied with my performance at both schools. On top of that, my grades are terrible for the last semester and I cannot concentrate on my exams :S Applied to Masters and I'm interviewing with potential supervisors too. Don't feel good about doing research at all....

To ease the pain, I have my own way of calculating my chances. I've downloaded this game and the number of coins that I get during each round is representative of my chances at that school (i.e. If I get 30 coins in a round then I have 30% chance of getting in) Right now, my chances at UBC hover around 43% and Ottawa 46%. Unfortunately, my chances of pursuing a Masters degree is around 61%. And yes, I'm getting insane

hahaha, oh man, I've been using magic 8-ball's etc. I think anything that takes a full year to find out a yes, no, or the dreaded *maybe* will tend to cause a bit of insanity. At least we have each other, our e-support group.

hahaha, oh man, I've been using magic 8-ball's etc. I think anything that takes a full year to find out a yes, no, or the dreaded *maybe* will tend to cause a bit of insanity. At least we have each other, our e-support group.

Hilarious. I figured my chance was the same as flipping heads twice with a coin. I was going to do it, but thought that would be too neurotic. Good to know everyone else on this board is just as crazy.

Hilarious. I figured my chance was the same as flipping heads twice with a coin. I was going to do it, but thought that would be too neurotic. Good to know everyone else on this board is just as crazy.

Probability lesson of the day lol The probability of flipping heads twice in a row, is the same as flipping heads and then tails.

I'm doing the same neurotic things as all of you, but with my marks. I only have Western so I need to get a 3.7 this year...calculated all the different odds with all of my courses lol

Probability lesson of the day lol The probability of flipping heads twice in a row, is the same as flipping heads and then tails.

I'm doing the same neurotic things as all of you, but with my marks. I only have Western so I need to get a 3.7 this year...calculated all the different odds with all of my courses lol

lol I do this right before exams every semester ... like if I want a 90 in the course, what do I need to get on the exam? If I'm aiming for a 90 average, and I think I am going to get 85, 80, 90 in these 3 courses, what can I get in my other three? :rolleyes:

If I took all the time I spend doing this, and studied instead, I would probably get higher marks, so it's a bit ironic :P

Either way, it is still 0.25, which is what I figure my chance is.

Archived