Premed 101 Forums

Work vs Research experience

Guest med2006McGill

Guest med2006McGill

I'm working on my CaRMS application but I'm not sure what to do with my "Work Experience" section. The only paid jobs I ever had involved research (eg summer studentships). Should I put that under the "Work" or "Research" section? I do have other non-paid research experience (e.g. honours project). So I can either leave the "Work Experience" section empty or spread out my research experience under the 2 sections. What do you guys think? Thanks!

Guest Ian Wong

Heya,

I'm not entirely certain that it'll matter. I don't remember whether a section shows up if you leave it blank. Unfortunately, while the 2003 e-CaRMS iteration had a preview button, that was removed from the 2004 e-CaRMS program until AFTER you'd submitted (at which point, you couldn't make any further changes away). That being said, if I was doing it, I'd probably spread things out in order to avoid leaving things completely blank in a given section.

Ian

Guest medicator007

Ian,

I guess someone complained about that, because in the 2005 edition you can preview your application before it has been submitted. A nice feature indeed.

Medicator

Archived