Premed 101 Forums

Certifying Rank Lists

Guest therealcrackers

Guest UWOMED2005

Yeah, I'm pretty sure about my rank list, but with about 12 hours to go there's a solid possibility I'm going to change everything around.

I was up late last night thinking about it and decided to sleep on it, confident everything would be clear when I woke up in the morning. No such luck!

That rank-list-by-hat option I suggested as a total joke is even becoming more tempting now. . .

Yeah, lets get this CaRMage over with and figure out what's next. . . March 1st baby!

Guest endingsoon

Yeah I know what you guys mean...I spent on hour on the phone talking to friend bc he was unsure about what order he should rank his 4th and 5th choices! This guy is not going to fall that far, but everyone is so on edge.

Man I really want this to be over...hopefully it works out for everyone and we all end up somewhere that we are happy with.

Guest therealcrackers

Amen to that! This waiting period is starting to drive me nuts. All this life things that need to be done (housing, insurance, money stuff) that's on hold until we know where we're going to be living and working!

But... it will all be worth it in the end.

Guest ploughboy

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hash: SHA1

Taking delight in the pain of others probably isn't a good personal quality in an aspiring physician, but I have to admit that it's kind of fun watching all you fourth-years stress over CARMS. It's so cute, you sound like a bunch of pre-meds! ;-)

Seriously, I hope next week turns out well for all of you!

pb

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (MingW32)

iD8DBQFCHBKw/HNgbK3bC2wRAnveAJ9tX2MMjmH8GM9tD7tSy6mNr9jdfQCfVZAw

hkwoUJ/PPb7GvUPuNFNSLZA=

=cPcJ

-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Guest jmh2005

Yes, just less than 1 week! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas day!!! It will be so nice to know (for absolute certainty...) where we'll be going...too much to think about, selling the house, buying a new one, new city...ahh...what was I thinking?? :eek

Guest endingsoon

Yeah right now I think i am shifting from the ' I really want to know' to the 'Oh boy, do I really want to know?' mode. I really just don't want to unmatched :)

Guest not rex morgan

To borrow an Ob/Gyn addage, this is a whole lot of hurry up and wait. Are you other schools doing anything prematch to keep your minds off of things? At UBC, we have a tradition of going out to a cheezy club the night before to burn off steam. After the match we have a post reception so we can all catch up on the news at once.

Best of luck guys. Remember, fingernails are not food. :b

Guest RAK2005

We've got something similar at Queen's. We're doing a "Forget about the Match" prematch party the night before and then a party on matchday... I just hope everyone gets what they want !

Guest endingsoon

We have a matchday party but we have a Bruce Toovey lecture for the LMCC exam the day before. I think I will skip it and just go out. I am not going into clinic on match day anyways...could not imagine seeing patients right after learning that I had gone unmatched.

Guest endingsoon
on the other hand, if you're totally elated because you got the specialty you wanted, you might bring a smile to a few patients faces!

Never thought of it that way! Maybe I will play the afternoon clinic by ear.

Guest UWOMED2005

We have the afternoon off for match day.

Then again, UWO pretty much babies us in the second half of 4th year. They cram all our preclinical stuff into 1st and 2nd year, then clerkship into 3rd year, then electives into the first half 4th year. . . so by this time we're pretty much chillaxing, doing not much more than waiting for CaRMS results to arrive.

Must admit, I'm not sure what I'm going to do once those CaRMS results arrive.

Guest therealcrackers

The 4th years at UWO have an innertube waterpolo team, with about 20 people playing. Our first playoff game is at 7:30 on the night of match day, and then we have a class party at one of the restaurants. There will be some sober people in the pool, but I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of them are feeling no pain...

Archived