Premed 101 Forums

Sept 7th writers!

Morzan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To people writing at 3080 Yonge in Toronto, there's a library across the testing centre, is anyone gonna be there in the hours leading to the test? :]

And good luck to everyone else writing tomorrow!

Good luck tomorrow! I wrote this morning, and feel relieved that it's done!

Go to bed early and get lots of rest. I think that is one of the most important things you can do for yourself today. :)

BS was the most dense and complicated information I have seen on an AAMC test. It was too detailed and there was a TON of material. AAMC tests were not representative of the BS at all. Didn't have time (still finished) to read the extremely dense and convoluted network of 10 molecular interactions, all of which were scattered in a 300 word essay and with similar names lol.

It was too much like verbal reasoning for a bio section! Barely any understanding about bio was tested, just verbal reasoning ability (it was tougher than VR! This was not an accurate tester of BS at all, just a test for history students.

BS was the most dense and complicated information I have seen on an AAMC test. It was too detailed and there was a TON of material. AAMC tests were not representative of the BS at all. Didn't have time (still finished) to read the extremely dense and convoluted network of 10 molecular interactions, all of which were scattered in a 300 word essay and with similar names lol.

It was too much like verbal reasoning for a bio section! Barely any understanding about bio was tested, just verbal reasoning ability (it was tougher than VR! This was not an accurate tester of BS at all, just a test for history students.

If that section was particularly difficult, the scoring will be adjusted accordingly. If it was harder, you'll be marked easier (along with the others who have written that section). So you shouldn't worry too much. When I wrote mine back in May, I thought it was a disaster (I hadn't gotten to any practice so I wasn't sure what to expect on test day), but was pleasantly surprised by the result. If you studied efficiently it will show.

I though the PS was difficult, but I had a pretty bad migraine at the time which didn't start to ease off until WS. Verbal seemed easy, but to me, verbal is always pretty simple. The WS prompts were awesome, reading political blogs and news sites really helped.

I didn't think BS was too hard, but then again, I do read a lot of primary source neuroscience articles, which are structured a lot like the BS passages (yay for a 300 page neuro development textbook of wordy genes and knockout mice)! BS would have been perfect if the stupid exam proctors didn't start dismantling the room (I wrote at a temporary Prometric Centre at a tech college) with 20 minutes left in the section. Threw off my concentration when I was trying to review my answers. :(

I though the PS was difficult, but I had a pretty bad migraine at the time which didn't start to ease off until WS. Verbal seemed easy, but to me, verbal is always pretty simple. The WS prompts were awesome, reading political blogs and news sites really helped.

I didn't think BS was too hard, but then again, I do read a lot of primary source neuroscience articles, which are structured a lot like the BS passages (yay for a 300 page neuro development textbook of wordy genes and knockout mice)! BS would have been perfect if the stupid exam proctors didn't start dismantling the room (I wrote at a temporary Prometric Centre at a tech college) with 20 minutes left in the section. Threw off my concentration when I was trying to review my answers. :(

started reviewing answers with 20 minutes left, this guy's a total baws.

I think you might had the same BS as me. That section took me entirely by surprise. The passages did not reflect any of the AAMC practice materials! Every passage (except the one orgo passage) was packed with new information, had a case study plus an experiment. I was expecting this section to be a breeze, but I ended up being pressed for time :(

I think you might had the same BS as me. That section took me entirely by surprise. The passages did not reflect any of the AAMC practice materials! Every passage (except the one orgo passage) was packed with new information, had a case study plus an experiment. I was expecting this section to be a breeze, but I ended up being pressed for time :(

I felt pressed for time as well. Definitely harder than the other AAMC bio I did.

• 3 weeks later...
Don't be! The MCAT release schedule from AAMC indicates that Sept. 6 and 7th scores will both be released on Tues! I also wrote on the 6th and am sitting on pins and needles waiting!! :eek:

Ah, I had no idea! Thanks for letting me know-- good luck : )

31R (11, 10, 10). With my 3.5 gpa, I'm not getting in anywhere :(

AAMC Average: 32 (11, 10, 11) - upward trend.

Predicted: 32-33Q

I'm really upset. SDN didn't help my feelings of utter inadequacy.

I hope you applied. You never know what might happen :)

:(:(:(:(

I'm not happy either. 7/13/10/Q.

But whatever. I wasn't expecting to nail it this year since my Chem/Physics background is weak/non-existent... and I'll gladly take that 13 in VR for my Mac chances.

Your score was solid though man. Chin up, you should keep at it.

I feel your pain. Bombed the WS. Any thoughts on how they will look at writing sample scores in the future? Forget it completely I hope...

It's too early to tell.

Edit: For what it's worth, UofT says that they have no plans to remove their WS flag as long as AAMC continues to report that portion of the score.

Archived