Premed 101 Forums

graduation date

If I finish my requirements by April but end up graduating in Oct, that would be a problem right? I'm not sure if I really have a chance because I am non swomen with only one year above 3.7. If I don't get accepted anywhere, I would like to do an extra year, but can only take the classes I want at my school if I remain in my current program. Thoughts?

If I finish my requirements by April but end up graduating in Oct, that would be a problem right? I'm not sure if I really have a chance because I am non swomen with only one year above 3.7. If I don't get accepted anywhere, I would like to do an extra year, but can only take the classes I want at my school if I remain in my current program. Thoughts?

I finished Aug 3 before starting in September, using a conditional acceptance (edit: was 2 yr second undergrad, had to double major to get honors, had to fill up both summers to grad in time), so yes its definitely doable. I just needed to prove that I was graduating in time - had my guidance counselor contact admissions and clear everything up to indicate I really was completing my program. Maybe don't apply to graduate until May when acceptances come out?

perfect. so as long as I have completed everything it doesn't matter when the grad date is as long as I'm graduating?

that would work out so much better, especially since I'd like to do a 5th year in the case of a rejection.

Definitely talk to the office through - you at the very least need permission first :)

Archived