Premed 101 Forums

What happens after "Submit"?

so I wanted to verify afew things that would happen after submission.

1. need to send mcat results to omsas using the aamc system

2. omsas will ask our university for transcript and will eventually get it from our university.

3. somehow, somwhere we will be notified if our reference letters have arrived

4. somehow, somewhere we will be notified if our transcript has arrived

are these all true?

Where can I check for my ref letter verification? I don't see a status bar or anything on there.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so I wanted to verify afew things that would happen after submission.

1. need to send mcat results to omsas using the aamc system

2. omsas will ask our university for transcript and will eventually get it from our university.

3. somehow, somwhere we will be notified if our reference letters have arrived

4. somehow, somewhere we will be notified if our transcript has arrived

are these all true?

Where can I check for my ref letter verification? I don't see a status bar or anything on there.

1-4 are all correct. Perhaps try waiting until after the deadline (Oct1st) to be able to see the status of your application. Also, don't expect the status of your references or other documents to be updates so efficiently. Expect delays.

1-4 are all correct. Perhaps try waiting until after the deadline (Oct1st) to be able to see the status of your application. Also, don't expect the status of your references or other documents to be updates so efficiently. Expect delays.

yes true.

once submitted, you can see the statuses of those items.

thanks, that removed all the worry from my mind

I have already submitted my application and I cannot see the status of jack sh*t, which is why i proposed waiting until after the deadline.

Same here, but I think that's normal for a period of time after you submit. The email I got from OMSAS said the aforementioned tools would be available to me once my payment has been processed. Since I submitted it on a weekend, and I'm certain OMSAS has been receiving a TON of applications in the past few days, I'm thinking I'll just have to wait a little longer before I can access all that information.

I have already submitted my application and I cannot see the status of jack sh*t, which is why i proposed waiting until after the deadline.

It took just one day for OMSAS to e-mail me regarding everything being processed..after that I could log in and see that everything was received except for MCAT which is released but I don't think OMSAS picks them up until sometime this month. I submitted mine like a week ago so I would expect more delays for things as majority has just submitted. When did you submit yours?

So far I've only gotten e-mails concerning confirmation of my payment and the e-mail that I provided to OMSAS. Since I still can't see anything on my application, I guess that I still have to wait for something else.

Oh well, I'm sure it will come soon. I only submitted it yesterday afternoon, so these things take time

I submitted my application around 6pm yesterday, and as of this morning around 10am I am able to see everything on the account (i.e. whether they received LORs, MCAT score pending, transcripts received, etc...)

I don't mean to cause further worries, sorry if that does - just putting in further info so you can figure out whether you should start contacting OMSAS or wait longer. Maybe they're on their way to updating everyone's account and I just got lucky.

after you get your email verification, you do get to a place where they tell you your status for mcat, transcript, and reference letters.

omsas is a really cool system. I dont hate the middle man anymore and its totally worth to hire one. I wish other schools like ubc and alberta and cal would get in on this instead of being separate and charging people $200 per app and making applicants work their ass off even more.

after you get your email verification, you do get to a place where they tell you your status for mcat, transcript, and reference letters.

omsas is a really cool system. I dont hate the middle man anymore and its totally worth to hire one. I wish other schools like ubc and alberta and cal would get in on this instead of being separate and charging people $200 per app and making applicants work their ass off even more.

submitted last night. got verification via email. still cant see status of anything

mines not showing anything either (just reassuring others who are in the same boat, and looking for the same myself lol). got the submission confirmation email, but logging into OMSAS just leads me to a page saying "submitted - no further changes can be made blah blah", no status info (yet) though!

Guys, I called OMSAS regarding the link that takes us to check our transcript/LORs/MCAT scores submission status and they said it takes one business day.

I submitted mine on Friday and didn't see it right away, just like all of you. It showed up this morning (Monday).

So do not worry! It will be there. :)

did others receive a "Email Verification" this morning? (not the confirmation of submission email that was received immediately upon submitting)

Got a separate one with a link to OUAC to verify my email address this morning. The OMSAS app page seems down when I click the link too, maybe updating for everyone??

I received an email with a link to click on to verify my email address. The OMSAS site is down today and I don't anticipate much in the way of an accurate update for at least a week considering how many apps were just submitted. :)

Incidently, my email came in french... even though I only speak english and in no spot did I select french as even a second language. Did anybody else receive a french email? My payment receipt was issued in english. I'm hoping the verification email was a one-time glitch.

I received an email with a link to click on to verify my email address. The OMSAS site is down today and I don't anticipate much in the way of an accurate update for at least a week considering how many apps were just submitted. :)

Incidently, my email came in french... even though I only speak english and in no spot did I select french as even a second language. Did anybody else receive a french email? My payment receipt was issued in english. I'm hoping the verification email was a one-time glitch.

Wow, that's very strange. Mine was in English

I have received the email stating that my application has been submitted, and I also got the verification email this morning.

When I log into my account, and go to "click here" beside the option to verify the receipt of my LORs, etc....it takes me to what looks like another home screen where it says I must enter my username/ouac ref # and password again :S

Is anyone else experiencing this glitch? Thx

Archived