Premed 101 Forums

UBC PT hopefuls...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you mind me asking when did you receive an invitation? Also, what was your GPA? much appreciated...

I got the invitation today in the morning via email.

I'm not sure about my average actually. It depends on how they pick the courses. If it's in reverse chronological order, meaning the last 30 credits taken, then I would be at about 85%

However, if it's just going by the order listed on my transcript then around 83%

Anyone know how they calculate your average? It's not too clear on the website. :confused:

Hi everyone....I just discovered this helpful thread! I received the interview invite on Feb. 12th as well, sometime in the afternoon. Just to let those who are still waiting know, it says in our invite that we have to reply by Feb. 15th if we're attending our interviews...so in my opinion, I think there's still a chance that you could get an invite if a few people decide they're not attending the interview, for whatever reason.

...And as for how they calculate your average, I think it's based on your marks for some of the pre-reqs plus the most recent 30 credits you've completed up until Jan. 15th, 2013 (and if your most recent 30 credits happen to fall within a term where you have other courses, they'll consider those marks too...basically, they'll look at the marks for the full term)...at least, that's what I understand from the admissions website :D ...feel free to correct me if I've interpreted their description incorrectly haha!

Does anyone know if people are still getting invites sent to them? I would have thought that for sure I would have at least got an interview...sigh.

Then again, my online application status did not get updated until well after the deadline...so maybe, just maybe hope.

I think the interview invite goes to the email that you listed on your application, but I can't really confirm this because the email that I listed on my application also happens to be an UBC email lol.

As long as you haven't received an interview regrets email, you still have a fighting chance!! Let us know if any of you guys hear back, so we can get a group together and practice!! :)

Great, it looks like we'll have a good group going on Thursday :)..just in case, I've also booked a second room close by to ensure that we'd be able to accommodate the uncertain attendees or if we need more space lol ;)...I'll send both of you a pm regarding our exact location! Our room is officially booked from 1:30-5:30 pm...(the 2nd room is officially booked from 2-5 pm). I'm not sure if we'll still be there at 4:30 pm, but feel free to drop by to check :).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived