Premed 101 Forums

UBC PT hopefuls...

Guest Physioprospect

waiting lists at all school vary dramatically each year tho.. schools do weird things with there admissions... U of T PT overfilled there class one year so absolutely no one got in off the wait list then last year the wait list moved like 60 people.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks so much for the info, Physioprospect! :) I REALLY appreciate it! Part of the reason why I'm feeling so stressed is that the email from UBC PT doesn't say how I rank on the Alternate list! It just states that I have been placed on the Alternate List, but it doesn't say what number I am or even how many people are on it. I have no idea how to gauge where I stand, in terms of my chances for acceptance this year! :(

Anyways, a HUGE THANKS to everyone on this thread for supporting each other thus far! :) At this point, I have no idea what's going to happen to me, but I'll keep you guys updated (..if anything happens LOL :P), so at the very least, hopefully future applicants can benefit from all my stress and anxiety LOL :).

3 years ago my friend was number 14 on the wait list and got in 5 days before classes started.

Thanks so much for the info, Physioprospect! :) I REALLY appreciate it! Part of the reason why I'm feeling so stressed is that the email from UBC PT doesn't say how I rank on the Alternate list! It just states that I have been placed on the Alternate List, but it doesn't say what number I am or even how many people are on it. I have no idea how to gauge where I stand, in terms of my chances for acceptance this year! :(

I know of two others on wait list... I haven't received anything yet!! I think at best I would be wait list and at worse rejected... either way, I hope this is resolved soon.

I completely know how you feel... I couldn't have said it better myself! I feel pretty distraught and I still have to study for finals, just in case :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for keeping us updated! I still haven't heard back from the Admissions lady regarding my ranking on the Alternate List :(.

Haha yaaa, it sure sounds like it! Hope all the people who haven't received emails yet will hear back soon :) - then maybe us waitlisters will have a fighting chance HAHA! ;)

Hi everyone! Just to let you know, I tried emailing the Admissions lady regarding my ranking on the Alternate list again, and this is the response I received from her today:

"Unfortunately, we cannot release that information at this time. If a spot becomes available and your name is next on the list, you will be contacted right away."

I guess all we can do is sit tight and keep each other updated whenever one of us hears something from PT! Let's keep each other supported! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey grad21, I saw your post on the other thread – CONGRATULATIONS on your acceptance :)..all that waiting was not in vain haha! ;)

I was wondering, do you know what time your waitlist email was sent to you, assuming that it was sent on April 5th? I have no idea if the timestamp of the waitlist emails could give a CLUE to the relative ranking of us waitlisters, but I figured it was worth a try haha! :D

And btw, PTorBust, we’ll continue to keep each other updated on this thread! I haven’t been on this forum as much, because I’ve been busy with convocation stuff and applying for jobs (..honestly, I just felt like TOTAL CRAP for the first few weeks of May, but I started to feel better about the upcoming year when I started making PROACTIVE plans for the impending year...after all, life is just what you make of it anyways haha! :)

I haven't heard anything yet either. I am wondering how many people did they put on the Alternate list?

Hey grad21, I saw your post on the other thread – CONGRATULATIONS on your acceptance :)..all that waiting was not in vain haha! ;)

I was wondering, do you know what time your waitlist email was sent to you, assuming that it was sent on April 5th? I have no idea if the timestamp of the waitlist emails could give a CLUE to the relative ranking of us waitlisters, but I figured it was worth a try haha! :D

And btw, PTorBust, we’ll continue to keep each other updated on this thread! I haven’t been on this forum as much, because I’ve been busy with convocation stuff and applying for jobs (..honestly, I just felt like TOTAL CRAP for the first few weeks of May, but I started to feel better about the upcoming year when I started making PROACTIVE plans for the impending year...after all, life is just what you make of it anyways haha! :)

Thanks I've been flying high all day. Got the original email the last day of classes at ubc. Got my acceptance today at 930. I had an 88.1 average I'd u wanna try to guesstimate where you are

Thanks I've been flying high all day. Got the original email the last day of classes at ubc. Got my acceptance today at 930. I had an 88.1 average I'd u wanna try to guesstimate where you are

That must be an incredible feeling...now you can REALLY enjoy the rest of the summer! :) And that is a really awesome gpa – all your hard work has paid off! :D

I received my waitlist email on the last day of classes at UBC too. Do you know the EXACT time that your original waitlist email was sent? Sorry if it seems like I’m being persistent about something so seemingly insignificant! I have no idea if the exact times at which the waitlist emails would be indicative of our relative positions on the waitlist, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to give it a try LOL.

At this point, I think I’d appreciate ANY sort of hint in regards to my ranking on the waitlist. Honestly, each weekday, I wake up, brimming with hope when I check my email...only to feel deflated by the end of the day LOL :(...even though I try my HARDEST to convince myself that the odds are against me for acceptance this upcoming September and I need to focus on my plans for next year, I just can’t help but feel a tinge of disappointment when I check my inbox for a final time at the end of the day haha :( --> the thought of doing this for the next 3 months is just terrifying...holy crap LOL.

That must be an incredible feeling...now you can REALLY enjoy the rest of the summer! :) And that is a really awesome gpa – all your hard work has paid off! :D

I received my waitlist email on the last day of classes at UBC too. Do you know the EXACT time that your original waitlist email was sent? Sorry if it seems like I’m being persistent about something so seemingly insignificant! I have no idea if the exact times at which the waitlist emails would be indicative of our relative positions on the waitlist, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to give it a try LOL.

At this point, I think I’d appreciate ANY sort of hint in regards to my ranking on the waitlist. Honestly, each weekday, I wake up, brimming with hope when I check my email...only to feel deflated by the end of the day LOL :(...even though I try my HARDEST to convince myself that the odds are against me for acceptance this upcoming September and I need to focus on my plans for next year, I just can’t help but feel a tinge of disappointment when I check my inbox for a final time at the end of the day haha :( --> the thought of doing this for the next 3 months is just terrifying...holy crap LOL.

Hey I sent you a pm

I know exactly how you feel about being hopeful every morning, to have my bubble burst each and everyday :( I come close to the verge of crying most days... and some days I do... but what good is that?? I really can't help it. I know that sounds pathetic, but I have been thinking of PT school for the last 8 years! And YES, thinking I am going to be disappointed every morning for the next three months is very terrifying... and depressing. So, there you have it, you are not alone.

There is NOTHING pathetic about being passionate about something and putting your heart into it 100%. In my opinion, that’s the only way to live life :). A degree will open up a lot of doors, but TRUE passion and ambition will take you a lot further, way beyond those first set of doors haha! I’m sure once you get accepted, you’ll be UNSTOPPABLE in the profession ;).

I know we’ll make it EVENTUALLY – it’s just a matter of time LOL! For now, we just gotta keep ourselves PRODUCTIVE...nothing in life is a waste if you don’t make it a waste HAHA! :)

Archived