Premed 101 Forums

verifying CSQ status

esther0123

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here knew how to verify/obtain proof of having the CSQ by any chance. It's unclear whether I have one or not (my parents don't seem to know) -- I initially immigrated to Montreal, lived there and graduated my elementary school before moving to the west-coast. I'm not sure if my parents applied for CSQ (they don't remember) or if I automatically receive one. I have called the QC immigration office and they refuse to check it for me. Is there any online website that I could find out?

Thanks everyone in advance

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here knew how to verify/obtain proof of having the CSQ by any chance. It's unclear whether I have one or not (my parents don't seem to know) -- I initially immigrated to Montreal, lived there and graduated my elementary school before moving to the west-coast. I'm not sure if my parents applied for CSQ (they don't remember) or if I automatically receive one. I have called the QC immigration office and they refuse to check it for me. Is there any online website that I could find out?

Thanks everyone in advance

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you need to be a Quebec resident for you to attend elementary school in Quebec.

Did you receive Citizenship or Permanent Residency before immigrating?

Here are the 14 criterias used to determine Quebec residency:

http://www.mcgill.ca/legaldocuments/

Some PR documents (I think the old ones) have a CSQ number.

Hello, and thanks for your reply

I received permanent residency first, and then received my citizenship years later (not quite sure which year....). Would this make a difference? I am looking into this too, but I'm having a little trouble figuring out how.... especially since my parents don't know the CSQ number and the ministry won't release it even when I gave them my SIN number :S thanks for your link too! much appreciated!

Hello, and thanks for your reply

I received permanent residency first, and then received my citizenship years later (not quite sure which year....). Would this make a difference? I am looking into this too, but I'm having a little trouble figuring out how.... especially since my parents don't know the CSQ number and the ministry won't release it even when I gave them my SIN number :S thanks for your link too! much appreciated!

There are some PR documents who have your CSQ number.

I wonder why they won't release it for you if they have a copy.

Try this:

http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/ministere/acces-information/Acces-Renseignements.pdf

Or try calling back, and asking them about which steps you should do.

Archived