Premed 101 Forums

Official 2006 NHL Playoffs thread!

Guest noncestvrai

Guest GundamDX

ottawa has enough talent but not enough heart... i like the oilers. did you guys see that glove save Roloson made on cheecho?? ROBBED!!!!

Miller against Ward ... great goaltending duel. BUt I think the cup final will be the DUCKS vs SABRES.

oh and great work by Auld in the world champ. go nucks go !! :P :p :P

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest treehuggingbiologist

Despite being a hardcore Sens fan, I will concede that they choke at playoff time. Even though they have one of the best offences in the league, it just hasn't produced this round. Sure, they've had a lot of shots on goal, but how many of those were good shots?

They might play Hasek for the sake of playing him - whats the worst that could happen? Unless Alfie and Chara step up to the plate and play as well as they can, and Spezza stops giving the puck away, its over. :(

Does anyone know how many teams have come back from 3-0? Ever?

Guest silverjelly86

"Only two NHL teams have come back from 3-0 series deficit. The Toronto Maple Leafs did it in 1942 against Detroit in the Stanley Cup Finals. And the New York Islanders did it in 1975 to beat Pittsburgh in a quarterfinal series."

www.rockymountainnews.com...96,00.html

Not looking good for the Sens. Or the Avs. Or the Devils. Choke! :P

Thanks Silverjelly D'oh! But there's a third time for everything right??

khaaan.jpg

MILLERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Daily Show anyone? :lol

Guest Lurkergonepublic

1975-1942 = 33

2006-1975 = 31.

Maybe it's a 30-some odd year cycle that it happens? Someone should be due soon. If that got your hopes up for the Sens, this is for you:

:lol

So I haven't followed the Sens history too closely - is it always the first or second round they choke in, or just most often? I though they might have a chance not having to play Toronot this year, who seems to get their playoff number everytime, but it doesn't look good does it.

I'm a zombie from staying up to watch the Oilers game, but it was pretty exciting. I don't care who you're rooting for, 3 OT's is exciting hockey!

Our last best hope this year for a Canadian cup, but if they had to play that hard for that long against the Sharks for 1 goal, I still don't like their chances in the series...

Guest silverjelly86

They outworked the Sharks, like 10:1 but they just managed to win with one goal in triple OT. I agree with you Lurker. That special effort can't be kept up for the whole series, never mind the rest of the playoffs.

Oh, and the Sens seem to choke in the playoffs, period.

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

Wow, what a goal (and a short-handed OT one, to boot)!!! That was a great rush! Better luck next year, Senators!

Go Oilers!

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest avarrin2001

The Sens are out :( Its a sad night in the Ottawa Valley.

Emery is still my hero.

There is always next year.... heheh kind of like me with my med school applications ;)

It is a very depressing night in the Valley today. I took down my sens car flag, put my baseball cap into my closet, and debated who's gonna take the fall for this. As a sens fan, I can honestly say that we had this coming - we weren't playing as good as we could have, and didn't have any of our big names step up. We pretty much handed Buffalo the second and OT goals - both incidentally with almost identical plays. AND THE OT WINNER WAS A SHORTHANDED GOAL. WTF WAS THAT ABOUT?

But I think Buffalo'll take Carolina in the next round. I don't think Jersey can come back from 3-1. Even if they did play very well this game, i don't think the Canes'll let them.

And between Buffalo and Carolina? Carolina in 7. It'll go the whole way.

Guest DoNair

Flames and Hab out first round. Sens out second round in a near sweep.

I guess the best Canadian team is the Oilers. Took out the Presidents Trophy winners and now are manhandling the hottest team going into the playoffs.

To all you naysayers who predicted the Oil didn't stand a chance: :P

To the rest of the Oil FAITHFUL (not the bandwagon jumpers): ROCK ON! I'll see you on Whyte.

Oilers all the way!

Guest GundamDX

i didn't see the overtime... saw the highlights on nhl.com

can anyone tell me who was the D that stand right infront of emery when they scored?

i know he deked right wast alferdson but wth is that D that just stood there? Redden? or Phillips. That was just lame. At least bloody cross check the guy or something if he's driving to the net like that! He just stood there!

:(

Guest noncestvrai

Ok, that's it I found my team for the Stanley Cup, Sabres will prevail, plus they have a bunch of Quebecois hehe, even more than the habs:rolleyes

Let's Go Buffalo!

noncestvrai

Guest silverjelly86

Yeah, someone stood in front of Emery, but I didn't catch who it was. And he did just stand there. Pathetic.

Go oilers!

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

It was Alfredsson that Pominville raced around while Redden stood there, slack-jawed as the puck was slid into the open cage. Oh well, better luck next year!

Best of luck!

Timmy

You should see tsn.ca. The amount of anti-Senator fans there is amazing. I never knew Canada was so against Ottawa. Go Buffalo!

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

The people who post on tsn.ca are anti-everything! You should have seen some of the stuff that was posted when Canada was sucking at the Olympics- or even before they started sucking, when they "only" beat Team Italy by like 7 goals. Try reading some of the posts when the Jays lose!

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

Oh, I forgot to mention- the rest of Canada hates Ottawa. It's only a select population on this board that doesn't! :lol

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

wow ottawa is out...

looks like The Ducks, Oilers, Buffalo and sharks are the only likable teams left.

Guest PanjabiMD

I would hardly call the arrogant Senators a likeable team.

Couldn't be happier that they have choked once again. (Leaf fan prejudice shining through?).

'Canes and Sabres will be a pretty good series. Fast paced, end to end hockey with hot goaltenders. Pretty exciting.

Would love to see the Oilers go all the way to the final, but they have to get past the Sharks first.

The playoffs have been quite entertaining, hope to see more of it.

Guest mg83

DID YOU SEE THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE'RE TAKING THIS SERIES....THERE IS NO WAY THEY'RE COMING BACK FROM THAT TRASHING

aaahhhh sweet victory. I can't believe it....we actually beat them on home ice....bye bye shark (hopefully). I'm heading down to White Ave for a little beer bender...see you party animals out there :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

Good on the Oilers! Especially given the utter classlessness of the San Jose fans, booing the Canadian national anthem before the game! I'm sure that it wasn't as loud as the New York Islanders' fans used to do before every game in that series against the Leafs, but San Jose is now out of my cool books. At times, I wish that our fans would do the same to the American national anthem (so far only Montreal fans seem brave enough to do this from time to time!), but that would be stooping down to their level, and we're much too classy for that nonsense!

These fans should keep in mind that without Canadians, who are still and always will be the best in the world, despite what anyone says, their teams would be nowheresville! Where would the Sharks be without Thornton and Cheechoo for starters??? Yeah, thought so.

Go Oilers!

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest mg83

yes that was incredibly classless. But on the bright side, the Edmonton Journal ran an entire page of letters from San Jose fans apologizing for the behavior of the rude idiots that booed our anthem. I hate it when a few bad eggs ruin it for the rest of the people. Whatever, we're still going to thrash them tomorrow!:P

Archived