Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woot! One job down. I'll be a caregiver for seniors. It's casual, but adaptable and I should be able to work it around my school schedule and my husband's work schedule and continue through the school year.

They'll work around another job once I find one. I'm really looking forward to this; it's just the sort of thing I enjoy doing.

Woot! One job down. I'll be a caregiver for seniors. It's casual, but adaptable and I should be able to work it around my school schedule and my husband's work schedule and continue through the school year.

They'll work around another job once I find one. I'm really looking forward to this; it's just the sort of thing I enjoy doing.

That is fabulous and wonderful experience. :)

Congrats!

I'm thinking about Tuesday. The Tuesday ...

Something terrible is going on in my intestines, I've been stuck in bathroom for an obscene amount of time over the last few days. Taking some cipro I'd been prescribed some years ago for an overseas trip, and drinking a lot of coca mate, but man this sucks

Something terrible is going on in my intestines, I've been stuck in bathroom for an obscene amount of time over the last few days. Taking some cipro I'd been prescribed some years ago for an overseas trip, and drinking a lot of coca mate, but man this sucks

Oh dear. I absolutely hate those sorts of bugs. Kids and I had one in January that took about a month to finally clear completely (I'm pretty sure that was c. dif though since there was a kid at the kids' daycare who had a lab-confirmed case right when we got sick.) Hopefully it is a short-lived bug.

Don't drink anything with caffeine in it. It's a diuretic - it'll just make things worse.

Regrets. Boo. :(

I am too busy to be really sad right now but I am so, so exhausted. I am not really looking forward to another round of apps.

edit:

Just got a notice from a job I applied to that I didn't get it. Double boo.

I get to go see the musical CATS tonight though.

Regrets. Boo. :(

I am too busy to be really sad right now but I am so, so exhausted. I am not really looking forward to another round of apps.

edit:

Just got a notice from a job I applied to that I didn't get it. Double boo.

I get to go see the musical CATS tonight though.

Sorry to hear this. :(

I get you have a very low GPA for your first year(s), but some schools forgive bad years, did you ever apply to schools like Queens and Western?

Are you serious? Why are you taking Cipro you were prescribed years ago? First, is it expired? Secondly, if it's self-limiting food-borne illness (most-likely), taking Abx is ridiculous. Third, your probably just worked up about the Tuesday. I haven't been able to eat without feeling nauseous for the last couple of days.

Seriously though, don't **** around with antibiotics.

http://www.idsociety.org/Stewardship_Policy/

Oh dear. I absolutely hate those sorts of bugs. Kids and I had one in January that took about a month to finally clear completely (I'm pretty sure that was c. dif though since there was a kid at the kids' daycare who had a lab-confirmed case right when we got sick.) Hopefully it is a short-lived bug.

Don't drink anything with caffeine in it. It's a diuretic - it'll just make things worse.

That is terrible! Where did the child pick up C. diff? You should have been tested for it... that's not the kind of bug you let clear on its own.

That is terrible! Where did the child pick up C. diff? You should have been tested for it... that's not the kind of bug you let clear on its own.

No idea, but the daycare had a sign up saying there had been at least one lab-confirmed case of C. difficile in the daycare when we got back. It was posted the day after we started having issues.

We didn't get tested because I didn't know we'd been exposed until after we were through the worst of it and I brought the kids back to daycare. I just thought it was one of those gastro bugs that go around. It didn't occur to me that it wasn't regular gastro until we were around a week into it, and to be honest I could not actually leave the house at that time, so we roughed it out with my very helpful parents delivering stuff to me.

No idea, but the daycare had a sign up saying there had been at least one lab-confirmed case of C. difficile in the daycare when we got back. It was posted the day after we started having issues.

We didn't get tested because I didn't know we'd been exposed until after we were through the worst of it and I brought the kids back to daycare. I just thought it was one of those gastro bugs that go around. It didn't occur to me that it wasn't regular gastro until we were around a week into it, and to be honest I could not actually leave the house at that time, so we roughed it out with my very helpful parents delivering stuff to me.

That's crazy, I'm glad you were able to tough it out and are all doing well.

Bored out of my mind at work this afternoon. My contract ends on Monday, so there is no use starting a new project, and the girl I'm supposed to train isn't in until Monday. Pretty sure my brain is shrivelling in my skull.

Getting extremely restless waiting for Tuesday.

Not going to worry about my future I am just going to let it be. Worrying only adds stress. I have faith that my family will stand behind me no matter what. Even though I am not my parents gave don't think they will kick me out of their house

-Actually I think my dad would kick me out of the house...him and I are not very close. All he likes is star trek, movies, planet of the apes and sci fi stuff. He hates it when I correct him, and prove it by backing up info through my cell phone. i stopped correcting him even if he believes false information

I think my parents would be way nicer to me if I was an only child.

Archived