Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My husband and I are having something for supper that the kids can't really eat so we got our go-to kid pleasing meal for them: mussels.

I've never seen a two year old chow down on that many mussels, and my son is in a growth spurt so he ate a bunch. They both had BIG plates filled with a pile of them.

Easiest meal ever. Couple minutes to steam them and then serve. Ocean to plate in less than 12 hours. We could've gotten them fresher, too.

My husband and I are having something for supper that the kids can't really eat so we got our go-to kid pleasing meal for them: mussels.

I've never seen a two year old chow down on that many mussels, and my son is in a growth spurt so he ate a bunch. They both had BIG plates filled with a pile of them.

Easiest meal ever. Couple minutes to steam them and then serve. Ocean to plate in less than 12 hours. We could've gotten them fresher, too.

Ohhhh PEI. How I love thee. I actually haven't had a feed of mussels yet. But I did have some lobster with boiled potatoes and rolls. NOM.

On another note, haggled a new car today! :D All by myself (plus help from Dad). Somehow even got a good trade-in value for my 02 Alero too!

I've worked as a cashier at food store, so I'm just curious... Do mussels still smell bad after steaming?

Ugh, I had to pinch my nose every time they came through the till. :(

*sigh*... If I were a mechanic.. I wouldn't rip people off.. Just sayin.. $1600 to fix my carrrrr.. :(

I hear ya..I went in today to get an inspection and tune up (heard what I thought might be some issues) and wanted to make sure our vehicle was good for a drive to Newfoundland.. over 1600$ in repairs needed..then the guy proceeds to tell me this is "just the start" I sure hope not...next time the car needs work I am buying new..gone through 3 (this is the fourth) used cars in last 3 years of UG. The guy was pressuring saying how he wouldn't spend the money to fix it up...tough choice today, hope I made the right one..I want at least 2 more out of the vehicle. 2006 Mitsubishi Outlander 140K

My car today was traded in with 1) a wheel bearing gone on the front, 2) a passenger side seat that unable to latch into place at all, 3) at least 3 serious holes in the rocker panels, 4) a leak in the roof, 5) a passenger side door that is sitting crooked on the frame, and 6) miscellaneous rust spots all the way through the body. Not to mention the bottom is probably completely rusted out.

SO happy I didn't opt to fix this one. Really, it's just not worth the money. Also, now that I'm under warranty, I no longer feel obligated to deal with my parents' crooked mechanic.

I've worked as a cashier at food store, so I'm just curious... Do mussels still smell bad after steaming?

Ugh, I had to pinch my nose every time they came through the till. :(

They have a stronger smell after steaming. It's not a bad smell to me, though. Smells like home lol. :D

haha, totally know what you mean in the last few lines.. i apprechiate meditation, at the end of an hour and a half of bikram or hatha... personally, i'm a bikram junkie tho :P

Going to go to yoga for the first time in a long time tonight (I've had bad experiences in the past). My muscles are getting really tight and my regular stretching routine just isn't cutting it anymore (the tension of being on two waitlists may be getting to me after all :P). I'm just hoping this is more of a fitness/athletic yoga-type class, and not one of the spiritual/meditation types.

checked my e-mail and i got a message from the leader in the visual condition i have, and which i've put over 400 hours into to ellucidate 9 new underlying etiologies... sort of in like holy **** mode right now... like when an ex of mine got a response from chomsky in 15 min, except i didn't e-mail him, lol, apparently a big shot from a publishing house sent me a message on linked in that he wants to see mt adhd book... weirrrd. plus i have a meeting with a gretzky collector later today to sell an uber expensive piece of memorabilia from the 85 cup... lol, guess when it shines it shines... hope the n eighbours don't mind the early morning hard dubstep... ****...

found this cool volunteering thing where you teach new canadians basically reading skills too, seems sweet, really rewarding for sure. also signed up for some suicide intervention training to pad the cv, lol.

also pondering moving to ccgy before heading out east, i'd get to live penthouse style with my rich bud for 300 month, lol, all i have to do is make his presentations have that, lets say 15 v r mcat touch, lol.

haha, totally know what you mean in the last few lines.. i apprechiate meditation, at the end of an hour and a half of bikram or hatha... personally, i'm a bikram junkie tho :P

The class ended up being okay. A mix of hatha and some other yoga (I forget the name). Not too much meditation, just a few minutes at the start and the end.

Although I'm hoping to get certified to teach this: http://www.downdawgyoga.com/index.html

Active yoga to hip-hop music - much more my style. :)

Archived