Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How does that even happen?

Failure to meet conditions. For instance, U of O has very strict cutoffs for GPA and if you drop below the cutoff for your category in your applying year, your acceptance is rescinded.

Failure to meet conditions. For instance, U of O has very strict cutoffs for GPA and if you drop below the cutoff for your category in your applying year, your acceptance is rescinded.

or Western's conditional acceptance. There is a bunch of stuff like that.

As difficult as the situation is, cannot the applicant apply again next year, is the issue repairable for the future? :confused:

Yes, the issue won't bar the applicant from future admission. Still... it would be heartbreaking. I hope they find solace in the fact that they now know they can be successful and try again this up coming cycle.

I just hope they didn't turn down any offers and then ended up in this position. That would be even worse :S

Yes, the issue won't bar the applicant from future admission. Still... it would be heartbreaking. I hope they find solace in the fact that they now know they can be successful and try again this up coming cycle.

I just hope they didn't turn down any offers and then ended up in this position. That would be even worse :S

Life plays tricks on us and we all need to roll with the punches and be adaptable to changing circumstances that adversely affect us. Perseverance in life is so important.

Why do trolls repeatedly post? :eek:

trolls are interesting - sometimes we don't ban them for a bit because they ask questions, which may be annoying, but actually force you to think and really define why something is the way it is for yourself. They act as a sounding board I guess.

Of course if they cross a line, well they get banned. I think in generally we may be getting a bit more restrictive in posting patterns in the future. We do like to be open but still there has to be point where annoyance is a concern.

I don't know if Brock is a troll, if you ever talk to a 17yr old..they are usually very confused about their future. To hit a site like this, full of people with the experience and knowledge in education and medicine..its like a gold mine for teenagers interested in getting into medicine. I know my highschool guidance counselor was useless in terms of directing me to medicine..i had to do everything myself.

Archived