Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

In for a long day today: 8 hours at work, then 8 hours on-call Search and Rescue at the large country music festival. They are calling for 30 degree heat without the humidex. I hope I've packed enough food and water! May take my bathing suit and run down to the beach on my lunch to take a dip and cool off - the joys of Island life :)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh. It isn't supposed to get this hot on PEI. We might head to the beach later after my husband gets home from work. Had to go out and get my daughter a bathing suit so the kids could chill in the pool this afternoon.

She picked the pinkest thing she could find. It is bubblegum pink with silver spots on it and a tutu. I've so lost this battle.

At least she picked something that looks appropriate for a little girl. I hate seeing toddlers in string bikinis.

At least you let her pick! :)

I saw the cutest little girl come into work yesterday with a tutu on. She told me she was a princess. The best.

I wouldn't have bought one of those string bikinis if she picked one. I wouldn't care if she just wanted to wear swim shorts and no top because she's 2, but I do not care for toddler clothing that is supposed to be 'sexy.' I'm really not looking forward to when she needs size 4, because that's when she moves into little girl clothes instead of baby/toddler clothes. The stuff they make for little girls is terrible! A six year old girl does not need pants with 'sexy' on the butt, or a t-shirt that says 'flirt.'

I had to take down the hems on her shorts because they were flipping daisy dukes, and that was the only kind I could find. Fortunately she prefers long (knee or ankle length) dresses.

Family dynamics is on my mind.

My family likes to get together and gossip about everyone who is not there. It's almost best to be omnipresent such that one is never gossiped about!

^PS to the poster above me: I don't know what a "stomach flu" is, I've heard the term used often though :) educate me!

Family dynamics is on my mind.

My family likes to get together and gossip about everyone who is not there. It's almost best to be omnipresent such that one is never gossiped about!

^PS to the poster above me: I don't know what a "stomach flu" is, I've heard the term used often though :) educate me!

I hear you on the family dynamics. I also come from a gossipy group. Oh I can only imagine what is said when I'm not around :P

Stomach flu - what people think they have when then have symptoms of a gastrointestinal illness (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea) but isn't actually a real thing. People confuse winter time GI illnesses with influenza (which is rarely accompanied by GI symptoms). It's a common misconception, and most people are open to an explanation. Every now and then though, I find someone who just won't listen. This isn't my opinion, influenza IS a respiratory illness.

Funny you brought up family - I have a family member insisting they have influenza... in July, with their only symptom being vomiting. :rolleyes:

Glen Mills PA term Life Insurance - Anderson Insurance Agency is proud to serve the residents of Pennsylvania and provide to the community the most comprehensive Insurance products and services. We can cover you from your car Insurance, to your home Insurance, business Insurance and term life Insurance, We are here to help you with the best service and the best rates.

Got a tattoo yesterday in memory of those close to me who have passed away after a fight with cancer. First tattoo, and I chose to get it on my upper ribs (easy to hide for professionalism 's sake). Needless to say she's a little sore and tender today, and pretty bruised - my skin is very sensitive. Can't wait to see it once its all healed up! I've been working on the design for close to a year now, and it's nice to know that it's finally done. :D

Lol wtf Brock, don't you have anything else to do?

When I was your age I was playing hockey, guitar, out biking with my Gf, working etc..

Why are you always on here? You have the knowledge now get to her. Volunteer, study, work..you can only make so many threads before you start back peddling time you can't get back.

PS-VR-BS

9-11-9 last week of June.

10-12-10 a few days ago (AAMC full length)

11-13-9 (Kaplan - known to have harder practice tests)

With my MCAT only 30 days away, I want to be pulling 13s across the board on my practice tests before I write. I know VR is my strongest section, but I have this brain block when it comes to organic chemistry. It just isn't sinking in, and it is pulling down my BS mark.

I have 120 study hours left. Maybe 150 if I forego all family stuff for the next month.

Blah. MCAT eats summers.

PS-VR-BS

9-11-9 last week of June.

10-12-10 a few days ago (AAMC full length)

11-13-9 (Kaplan - known to have harder practice tests)

With my MCAT only 30 days away, I want to be pulling 13s across the board on my practice tests before I write. I know VR is my strongest section, but I have this brain block when it comes to organic chemistry. It just isn't sinking in, and it is pulling down my BS mark.

I have 120 study hours left. Maybe 150 if I forego all family stuff for the next month.

Blah. MCAT eats summers.

VR looks to be doing well! Perhaps put a little bit extra time into your BS and you should be laughing.

Archived