Premed 101 Forums

Medical School Preparation- Class of 2017

Hmm. Yeah so you got the 3 options right? They're like 1 Phia for direct contact with personal health information (with custodial module) 2 Phia for direct contact with personal health information. And then 3 Phia for those not in direct contact with personal health information . Anyone know for sure? We can probably rule out 3. Well when you select you don't know what course, it says students are not custodians. And that would make it option 2..maybe that's what they meant by level 2...? I'm gonna try it.. I think lol

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm also confused. Who is this witness? Why can't we just do this when we get there?

Also does that CPR class replace any other first aid/CPR that we may need? Meaning I don't need to update my First Aid aside from this course??

They said in our instructions we need to do the course but that we can do the signing when we get there in their office.

I am a medical first responder but going to take the course anyway.. Why not.. Maybe it's different.

I did get the three PHIA options and the second one makes the most sense to me! We could probably complete both courses before we figure out for sure which one we need haha

Moving at the speed of government and red tape ftw! Also, I am not sure why all of your threads have had a thumbs down in the title. Perhaps you have angered a mod somewhere :P

Hey guys... It did say somewhere that students are not custodians. You get a certificate at the end of the course which you can PDF and e-mail in. It also said somewhere in the package that they will witness your signing of the oath when you bring in the forms.

andy

... Registration done & Mun mail, Immunizations sent off and approved, PHIA course done, T-shirt size, White coats.....I need to pay my fees and fill out some more forms (witnessed as well) and I'm pretty much done.

I wonder if we can go in early to do the signing of the oath.. that would help with the crowds.

Heading out tonight to Trapper John's... probably will get there early for parking and such..where do you park downtown anyway?:)

I went to Trapper John's but had to leave way early as we had a new babysitter and were a little worried about the kids.

I went in today paid my money, submitted my forms, they took my oath forms to get them signed for me and all I have to do is get the criminal record/vulnerable sector check but I have the forms mostly filled out. It takes about a week for them to get it done. Feels great to have that done.`

Nope, I called the parking office last week and they gave me the # for the supervisor who is off until August 5th. The lady who answered also told me that the 4 closest parking lots would be 16A, 27, 16, and 60. I don't see all of those options on MyMed yet, and it is still on Summer term parking lottery. I will post here if I get updates on Monday.

I also called the hospital parking office, which is separate, to see about the med lottery. I think they said to contact Student Affairs to find out more about it but I haven't done that yet.

Nope, I called the parking office last week and they gave me the # for the supervisor who is off until August 5th. The lady who answered also told me that the 4 closest parking lots would be 16A, 27, 16, and 60. I don't see all of those options on MyMed yet, and it is still on Summer term parking lottery. I will post here if I get updates on Monday.

I also called the hospital parking office, which is separate, to see about the med lottery. I think they said to contact Student Affairs to find out more about it but I haven't done that yet.

Thanks!! Yea I just keep getting the verbal run around everytime I call too, but i wanted to get it straightened out because ill be without internet for a few weeks. Let me know if you hear anything!

It updated today, I see:

Area 16A

Area 16A

Area 60

Area 36

Area 8

St, James United Church

Area 19

Area 37

Area 24

Anyone else? I was hoping to see the parking garage on there...

Yeah I See the same ones as you, no number 16 or 27 on my list. What is your ordering going to be, realistically it looks like the only one close to the health science building is 16A

There's also a separate medical student parking lottery, which has usually had about 20 spots in the parking garage for each of the preclerkship classes. This is in addition to the regular student lottery. FYI lot 16 is a MUN staff lot, and the permit part of the parking garage (lot 27 and lot 27a) is administrated through the Eastern Health parking and security people.

(I'm one of the clerks)

Taking the ferry on friday. Have been rerouted to PAB though so it looks like I will get to see the rock from coast to coast on the way to St. john's!

That's even better! Have a look at my FB feed, you'll see exactly what awaits you in PAB. The drive isn't too bad, and you'll get to see the whole province. It should take about 10 hours.

I won't lie I've done the occasional karaoke kops this summer.

You should showcase your talents at med games.

That's even better! Have a look at my FB feed, you'll see exactly what awaits you in PAB. The drive isn't too bad, and you'll get to see the whole province. It should take about 10 hours.

Ok. That's some impressive scenery. I can be more glass half full now. Thanks!!!

Archived