Premed 101 Forums

Medical School Preparation- Class of 2017

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, so the package has a list of fees, orientation schedule, your aunt/uncle, messages from a bunch of people, info about scotia loc, stuff from the college of physicians/surgeons of nl and registration fr that, stuff about immunization and what we have to do those prior to class, offer to participate in study about new mcat. Um, that covers most of it! And silvantes, living in Torbay right now!

Hey guys, so the package has a list of fees, orientation schedule, your aunt/uncle, messages from a bunch of people, info about scotia loc, stuff from the college of physicians/surgeons of nl and registration fr that, stuff about immunization and what we have to do those prior to class, offer to participate in study about new mcat. Um, that covers most of it! And silvantes, living in Torbay right now!

Thank you sir!

Glen Mills PA term Life Insurance - Anderson Insurance Agency is proud to serve the residents of Pennsylvania and provide to the community the most comprehensive Insurance products and services. We can cover you from your car Insurance, to your home Insurance, business Insurance and term life Insurance, We are here to help you with the best service and the best rates.

Only took a quick look through it but I don't see anything about required textbooks. Just received mine this afternoon in PEI. The orientation activities look like they should be a lot of fun.

Hey guys, so I go to check the mail and there is a parcel key but the box was empty. Since it seems like everyone has gotten their packages could someone potentially scan/pm me what the immunization record says since canada post has more than likely misplaced my package and I am pretty limited for time between now and orientation to try to get to the doctors?

Also did it have our student numbers and emails for those of us who didn't attend MUN for our undergrad/ info about registration?

Thanks!!!

Hey guys, so I go to check the mail and there is a parcel key but the box was empty. Since it seems like everyone has gotten their packages could someone potentially scan/pm me what the immunization record says since canada post has more than likely misplaced my package and I am pretty limited for time between now and orientation to try to get to the doctors?

Also did it have our student numbers and emails for those of us who didn't attend MUN for our undergrad/ info about registration?

Thanks!!!

You get your number and you can register and start e-mail set-up. My package was not too big and thus was in the smaller mailbox not the parcel one.

Thanks to blade runner I now have my short and long lab coats.... and a few pen lights... I went for the purple. So.. Blackmarsh Rd. Professional uniform and mats.. They had less for men but I got what I needed. They had some cheaper ones but about 30 will get you a good one.

So I managed to register for PHIA, I put it through Memorial as the organization? and I wasn't to sure on what course to pick because none said level 2 like was stated in the documents, in the oath sheets it mentions PHIA custodian so maybe it is that one we should pick? (the one with custodian module) anyone else start this..it also says we do not need to have it witnessed/signed until school starts and they can do it in the office for us.

Also have no idea about the parking lottery..lol

^ I'm gonna have a go at the PHIA course later today, i'll let you know what i come up with.

Is anyone here attaining their LOC through CIBC? I just want to know what branch they went through, I know some branches are more accustomed to the LOC for med students than others so I'd like to meet with one that can give me the best info

I also registered under the Memorial organization and I didn't see anything about level 2 either. The home screen shows me two options, the PHIA course and then an optional feedback section. When I try opening the course it just loads for days and never actually opens. I'm also confused about signing the oath.

Actually maybe we are. The course describes custodians as health professionals in private practice, however the PHIA website includes all health care professionals and those that will be in the future. I'm going to wait until Monday when I can ask someone what level 2 refers to.

I also registered under the Memorial organization and I didn't see anything about level 2 either. The home screen shows me two options, the PHIA course and then an optional feedback section. When I try opening the course it just loads for days and never actually opens. I'm also confused about signing the oath.

I'm also confused. Who is this witness? Why can't we just do this when we get there?

Also does that CPR class replace any other first aid/CPR that we may need? Meaning I don't need to update my First Aid aside from this course??

Archived