Premed 101 Forums

Medical School Preparation- Class of 2017

Sooner would be better than later! Like.. this month I hope. The later we get, the less likely I know I am going to be to have everything done on time. Only so many weeks left on the Island, then I have to go to Osheaga (yes, "have to" ;) ). Plus, I'm just impatient!

I think I'll be heading out to Osheaga as well.. its gonna be unreal!

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sooner would be better than later! Like.. this month I hope. The later we get, the less likely I know I am going to be to have everything done on time. Only so many weeks left on the Island, then I have to go to Osheaga (yes, "have to" ;) ). Plus, I'm just impatient!

This month would be good, I plan on calling them next week probably as I will need to change my address...hmmm maybe I should call today and see if they have a time frame for that package/registration as I am moving so early.

Hey guys!

I just called Admissions, my transcript has not yet been put through but they said Carms can take a bit and figured early next week it should be received. They will send packages to those confirmed (confirmation happens once conditions are met i.e., transcript, english credit, graduation). I was told that packages should be sent out around the first week of JULY!!!!! So I will have to change my address once my spot is confirmed next week....at least being a NL resident I should get my package pretty quick lol :)

Hey guys!

I just called Admissions, my transcript has not yet been put through but they said Carms can take a bit and figured early next week it should be received. They will send packages to those confirmed (confirmation happens once conditions are met i.e., transcript, english credit, graduation). I was told that packages should be sent out around the first week of JULY!!!!! So I will have to change my address once my spot is confirmed next week....at least being a NL resident I should get my package pretty quick lol :)

I won't have confirmation until middle of august and when I called they told me that all that was required to get your package in the summer was having the deposit, so even if your transcripts aren't in you will still get your package. It wouldn't make sense for them to only give packages in july to those who are confirmed when the deadline for the transcripts/english etc. isnt until orientation day.

I won't have confirmation until middle of august and when I called they told me that all that was required to get your package in the summer was having the deposit, so even if your transcripts aren't in you will still get your package. It wouldn't make sense for them to only give packages in july to those who are confirmed when the deadline for the transcripts/english etc. isnt until orientation day.

They said to those confirmed but I am sure with some being in a different situation they probably just meant deposit paid etc. I just cannot wait to register and be fully confirmed lol They did also tell me there was no rush on transcripts etc. but I have an urgent feeling about getting that stuff sorted out haha

They said to those confirmed but I am sure with some being in a different situation they probably just meant deposit paid etc. I just cannot wait to register and be fully confirmed lol They did also tell me there was no rush on transcripts etc. but I have an urgent feeling about getting that stuff sorted out haha

I know the feeling it is absolutely killing me that I won't have all my transcripts and stuff in until right before orientation!

I vaguely remember being in an anatomy lab corridor during interviews - but that the labs were closed because it was exam time. Now specifically what is done in those labs... I don't know. And I can't seem to locate it on the website, especially with all the new curriculum changes.

I got the bad news that I was accepted to UofT a few days ago, so now I have to restart my analysis and decision process, and the question of anatomy labs popped up.

Good luck with your decision! I am biased to MUN but I am sure you will make the right choice either way, there are a lot of things to consider, weather, class size, opportunity, cost, matching, exam prep, research and more. When do you need to make your decision?

Good luck with your decision! I am biased to MUN but I am sure you will make the right choice either way, there are a lot of things to consider, weather, class size, opportunity, cost, matching, exam prep, research and more. When do you need to make your decision?

Don't forget how cool our class is going to be. That would be a key factor in my decision. Just sayin... :)

Don't forget how cool our class is going to be. That would be a key factor in my decision. Just sayin... :)

What a good point you make, who could pass that up? My family and I will be on the road this time next week, staying a night in North Syndey before the ferry over.

Oh they gave me three days to decide. Aka today. Pretty sure I'm meant for the Rock ;).

Though to confirm, UofT gets a male and female cadaver per 8 students. But I'm sure that wont compare to the hands on experience available at MUN - smaller classes, less residents around, more chance to get our hands dirty!

Plus I also have an employee pass to all the national parks and historic sites that I would like to get some use from - who is coming with me??

Oh they gave me three days to decide. Aka today. Pretty sure I'm meant for the Rock ;).

Though to confirm, UofT gets a male and female cadaver per 8 students. But I'm sure that wont compare to the hands on experience available at MUN - smaller classes, less residents around, more chance to get our hands dirty!

Plus I also have an employee pass to all the national parks and historic sites that I would like to get some use from - who is coming with me??

Count me in! Excellent decision in my opinion! Congrats!

So I was actually called last week to check the status of my conditions (english and degree conferred) and it turns out silvantes was right. If you don't have all of the conditions completed you won't be getting a package in july. So if anyone was waiting until august to send in transcripts it would probably be better to do it now so that you can get everything registered etc.

Well I am in St. John's, we got here Saturday and the ferry was...interesting. We are getting settled in but I am looking forward to meeting some of those already here.

Glad to hear you made it safe and are starting to get settled! Which ferry did you take? I'm taking the one to port aux basques in august and not looking forward to the 12 hr drive to SJ after.

Glad to hear you made it safe and are starting to get settled! Which ferry did you take? I'm taking the one to port aux basques in august and not looking forward to the 12 hr drive to SJ after.

Thanks, we scheduled the first Argentia ferry of the season and the drive was pretty quick from the terminal to st.john's however there was nothing until you get to st. john's. we have been doing some looking around and the city is great! downtown is hard to navigate but really cool and the traffic is busy and everyone drives really crazy lol

haha silvantes, dt is a bit nuts until you get used to it. my first year of UG i was petrified driving down there.

Also guys, got some info the other day i figured i'd pass on. my friend in Med II who will be assisting with getting our packages to us in july said they're gonna be delayed. Their class is involved in preparing the packages and they apparently won't be going out until more like mid-July, not the first week. Also, there are some doubts circling now as to whether we will be using the new facilities right from the get-go as well. Apparently they won't be ready quiiiiiiiite in time for us and we'll just be a little cramped in other quarters for the first few weeks until they finish it up. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on both these delays hah

Archived