Premed 101 Forums

Medical School Preparation- Class of 2017

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey! Sooo excited for the fall

My laptop is on its way out and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a new one? I am open to anything and wondering whether or not a Mac vs PC will be more helpful for med?

I was wondering this too....

I would also like to meet up with as many people as possible before orientation, BBQ's anyone? I may also need help moving my things into my apartment if there are any interested in helping, my kids are too little for manual labor and my wife needs to watch them, also not the best at moving furniture. I am trying to plan coming on the fist ferry to Argentia, should be in St. John's June 22 by noon, a Saturday. I shall also lend my services for moving things to anyone else. Anyone interested? there will probably be drinking involved.....:D Congrats again fellow classmates!!!!

I'll be getting a mac sometime between now and August! I've always had a PC but I've heard only good things about macs and I figure it's time to change!

I would also be up for getting together before orientation! ..although I'm only moving in early/mid August so I suppose we can chat when the time comes :)

I would also like to meet up with as many people as possible before orientation, BBQ's anyone? I may also need help moving my things into my apartment if there are any interested in helping, my kids are too little for manual labor and my wife needs to watch them, also not the best at moving furniture. I am trying to plan coming on the fist ferry to Argentia, should be in St. John's June 22 by noon, a Saturday. I shall also lend my services for moving things to anyone else. Anyone interested? there will probably be drinking involved.....:D Congrats again fellow classmates!!!!

Hahahahaha laughed out loud at this - probably not appropriate but it gave a hilarious image.

Can't help with moving in - but can definitely help finish a pitcher of beer once I move over!

Hey! Sooo excited for the fall

My laptop is on its way out and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a new one? I am open to anything and wondering whether or not a Mac vs PC will be more helpful for med?

MAC!!! Trust me. I got my first one at Christmas and I will never go back.

I take possession of my place on June 1st, but am researching in Halifax for the summer. I have toyed with the idea of going over for a weekend to see the spot. If I do, I would be glad to help with the move... and the beer.

Its a 1 bedroom appt on Queens rd. downtown. I have been trolling kijiji since February (NB res) to find a spot. I'm pretty excited about the location and set up! Not so much about the price...

Also, for those who were wondering, I spoke with student services and O-Week starts the 26th of August!

Its a 1 bedroom appt on Queens rd. downtown. I have been trolling kijiji since February (NB res) to find a spot. I'm pretty excited about the location and set up! Not so much about the price...

Also, for those who were wondering, I spoke with student services and O-Week starts the 26th of August!

Thanks for the info!

I know what you mean we have been pretty anxious to find a place, prices in St. John's are crazy but they do seem to mostly be pretty nice properties, it is hard to find a nice place in Saint John even if you're willing to pay, laundry and dishwashers you just don't get often.

Thank you for mentioning the LOC information as mine has just been approved!!!! once the funds are released (day or so) I can book the ferry and UHAUL. I also have a research job here at UNBSJ for the summer, I am going to try to get as many hours as I can in before moving and then possibly do a little work while over there. If you are going to be over there around then we can certainly help each other out, moving and beer.. are you bringing a UHAUL?

Has anyone been looking at renting single bedroom apartments. I have been finding it being around 700-800 a month depending on location which isn't that bad. I am working as a research assistant at Western Uni for the summer but may fly down in june to scope some housing out! I will let you know, love to help out!

Has anyone been looking at renting single bedroom apartments. I have been finding it being around 700-800 a month depending on location which isn't that bad. I am working as a research assistant at Western Uni for the summer but may fly down in june to scope some housing out! I will let you know, love to help out!

The 1Br. I found was 1050/month. The location is great though and it is fully furnished. My rational was that I could spend 1000/month on rent and still only be paying (rent+tuition) what tuition alone costs at Dal! :D

The 1Br. I found was 1050/month. The location is great though and it is fully furnished. My rational was that I could spend 1000/month on rent and still only be paying (rent+tuition) what tuition alone costs at Dal! :D

That is basically my rationale as well, the cheaper tuition at MUN gives a little bit more breathing room on living costs etc. :P Now to just finish up an english course this summer to meet the pre-reqs.

Went to meet with my banker this weekend to discuss LoC details. I can't sign until I'm registered into courses, but it's good to know that I've got it on the go! I think I'm going with BMO, because all my other banking is with them, including my previous LoC which I have paid off.

Less than four months to go! :)

sent off my forms+deposit on Thursday, called today and they said they have it.. so now what? lol

They told me they would mail out a receipt of some sort, and we have to send our final transcript to carms (if you are just graduating) when it says that you officially have graduation status!

They told me they would mail out a receipt of some sort, and we have to send our final transcript to carms (if you are just graduating) when it says that you officially have graduation status!

ok awesome, i graduated last year but sent along another transcript to CaRMS just to be sure!

so now that the dust has somewhat settled.. when do you guys think we will hear from the faculty of medicine next?

I just received a letter saying my transcript has been received and my seat is confirmed. Before that one there was a receipt for the deposit.

I just received a letter saying my transcript has been received and my seat is confirmed. Before that one there was a receipt for the deposit.

Just one stating graduation is needed right? to Carms? ughhh waiting for last mark, not worried just anxious.:)

Just one stating graduation is needed right? to Carms? ughhh waiting for last mark, not worried just anxious.:)

I guess it'll depend on your situation. I'm doing my masters now and finished all coursework last year, so they just needed a copy of my transcript for their records. When I dropped off my deposit they told me I could just send my transcript to the admissions office because it wouldn't be any different than the one I sent Carms.

Archived