Premed 101 Forums

Medical School Preparation- Class of 2017

I guess it'll depend on your situation. I'm doing my masters now and finished all coursework last year, so they just needed a copy of my transcript for their records. When I dropped off my deposit they told me I could just send my transcript to the admissions office because it wouldn't be any different than the one I sent Carms.

Aha, thanks, I will call them when I have my transcript ready.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been trying to get my transcript in for two months now!! First UNB didn't understand "who CaRMs was", then they lost the request, then deleted my resubmission. Ahhhh, I just want some for sure proof, I'm still half convinced this is some awful joke where admissions is going to laugh at me on the first day and be like "HAHA you didn't actually get in!"... Paranoia.

I have been trying to get my transcript in for two months now!! First UNB didn't understand "who CaRMs was", then they lost the request, then deleted my resubmission. Ahhhh, I just want some for sure proof, I'm still half convinced this is some awful joke where admissions is going to laugh at me on the first day and be like "HAHA you didn't actually get in!"... Paranoia.

LOL, Good luck.

In six weeks, I will be be on my way to Newfoundland!! hoping to meet some classmates and perhaps find some help unloading, remember there will be beer, just show me where the liquor store is!! I will be arriving in the Kenmount Terrace neighborhood June 22 probably around noon from the Argentia ferry. Time is flying by.

In six weeks, I will be be on my way to Newfoundland!! hoping to meet some classmates and perhaps find some help unloading, remember there will be beer, just show me where the liquor store is!! I will be arriving in the Kenmount Terrace neighborhood June 22 probably around noon from the Argentia ferry. Time is flying by.

Remember you are coming to Newfoundland, you don't need a liquor store to buy beer ;)

I wish I was joining you in 6 weeks, I have to wait till mid august before my research assistant contract at UWO is done. I think abba was referring to the fact that to go grab a case of beer you just go to the gas station or corner store, there aren't really designated beer stores and liquor stores (well kind of for liquor stores). That or they were talking about bootlegged stuff :P

I wish I was joining you in 6 weeks, I have to wait till mid august before my research assistant contract at UWO is done. I think abba was referring to the fact that to go grab a case of beer you just go to the gas station or corner store, there aren't really designated beer stores and liquor stores (well kind of for liquor stores). That or they were talking about bootlegged stuff :P

Nice, no corner store beer here, it just gets better and better. Well I will be all settled in by then, still time for pre-orientation get togethers! I have lived with no outdoor space for my whole undergrad..there will be BBQ's almost every night.:D

you're on kenmount terrace right? You're actually probably closer to the liquor store (Kelsey Drive) than a convenience store! There is a gas station on Kenmount a little ways up from Kenmount Terrace though as well. I think they're building a direct link between Kenmount and Kelsey so you'll be even MORE near to many amenities!

you're on kenmount terrace right? You're actually probably closer to the liquor store (Kelsey Drive) than a convenience store! There is a gas station on Kenmount a little ways up from Kenmount Terrace though as well. I think they're building a direct link between Kenmount and Kelsey so you'll be even MORE near to many amenities!

Yeah, kenmount.....great! These things are great to know. I am glad we will have extra time there to get my family used to it and see the city.

Nice, no corner store beer here, it just gets better and better. Well I will be all settled in by then, still time for pre-orientation get togethers! I have lived with no outdoor space for my whole undergrad..there will be BBQ's almost every night.:D

I'm doing a residency elective at MUN. Some of my buddies are planning for a party this weekend. I was trying to figure out when to go to the liquor store to pick up beer on the weekend. Then I remembered that I could buy it at the gas station so I'm now just picking it up at the store 300 ft from the party right before I show up at 1030.

Makes me some glad to be home.

I'm doing a residency elective at MUN. Some of my buddies are planning for a party this weekend. I was trying to figure out when to go to the liquor store to pick up beer on the weekend. Then I remembered that I could buy it at the gas station so I'm now just picking it up at the store 300 ft from the party right before I show up at 1030.

Makes me some glad to be home.

sounds good to me!

Also does anyone know what the average cost of vehicle registration is? also there is no annual inspection? baffled...lol I am planning on going to register my vehicle right away, will they change me and my wife's licenses as well, does this cost anything, the service NL website is not very user friendly. I have registered with NF power, is there anything else I should do /set up.... will the city collect garbage from garbage cans or does it have to be under a sheet? Are there any family friendly things my family and I should check out? We are soo excited for the move!

I think I pay 140 for registration, but thats whenever my tags run out (it usually comes out substantially more in the end due to my speeding tickets - oops!). Each section of town has a different garbage collection day of the week, here's the link to find your schedule

http://www.curbitstjohns.ca/?Content=Residents/Recycling/When_Is_My_Collection_Day

You can put it in a can, or on the curb with a garbage net covering it. You are required to cover it during the spring/summer/fall.

I think I pay 140 for registration, but thats whenever my tags run out (it usually comes out substantially more in the end due to my speeding tickets - oops!). Each section of town has a different garbage collection day of the week, here's the link to find your schedule

http://www.curbitstjohns.ca/?Content=Residents/Recycling/When_Is_My_Collection_Day

You can put it in a can, or on the curb with a garbage net covering it. You are required to cover it during the spring/summer/fall.

Thanks so much! so you renew registration every year.

I am in a condominium village now and we just have a massive dumpster for garbage, children produce a substantial amount of waste and I have been eying some big wheeled containers (probably to store the garbage by the house) from Kent. I am very interested in recycling and it is great that it is all picked up at your house! We have compost pick-up here but you have to drive recyclables to the nearest depot...

I have never had a speeding ticket, warning once while I was alone....I haven't even had my license a year yet though, my wife however has had her license since she was 16 and has never even been pulled over before. Sounds like the cops are on top of it in St. John's....

I have never had a speeding ticket, warning once while I was alone....I haven't even had my license a year yet though, my wife however has had her license since she was 16 and has never even been pulled over before. Sounds like the cops are on top of it in St. John's....

or i just never learn lol

CONGRATS inthesticks! what is it going to be?

Big thanks!!

I'm not 100 percent because I think McMaster has some amazing traits.. however Memorial is in my home-province, so travel/living arrangements would be substantially easier to handle. Also, the tuition is substantially less - so I'm thinking it will be MUN!

Big thanks!!

I'm not 100 percent because I think McMaster has some amazing traits.. however Memorial is in my home-province, so travel/living arrangements would be substantially easier to handle. Also, the tuition is substantially less - so I'm thinking it will be MUN!

good choice!!! I declined my Mac interview due to lack of funds..but I think I would have picked MUN anyway. Hope to see you in NL...I'll be there in June!!!

For anyone who didn't see, BAMFtastic got in to Ottawa, congrats to you as well!

Does anyone know if we should buy a stethoscope or are we given one?

At some point in the first semester representatives from Welch Allyn and Littmann will come give your class a presentation and offer you massive discounts. That would be the best time to buy.

Also, I don't believe that you are required to switch over your registration and license immediately. Even if you are, most people don't and typically don't have issues. When/if you do switch your registration, you save 10% or so if you do it online.

At some point in the first semester representatives from Welch Allyn and Littmann will come give your class a presentation and offer you massive discounts. That would be the best time to buy.

Also, I don't believe that you are required to switch over your registration and license immediately. Even if you are, most people don't and typically don't have issues. When/if you do switch your registration, you save 10% or so if you do it online.

Perfect! Thank You, if I was to buy one what particular one would you recommend for medical school at MUN? Can I still register online if I have never registered in NL before? My main issue is that although my loans will be through NB due to my previous years I have no NB address as my wife and kids are also moving with me so I will have to change everything to NL, medicare included.

Perfect! Thank You, if I was to buy one what particular one would you recommend for medical school at MUN? Can I still register online if I have never registered in NL before? My main issue is that although my loans will be through NB due to my previous years I have no NB address as my wife and kids are also moving with me so I will have to change everything to NL, medicare included.

Littman cardiology III. Thats the standard for 95% of docs. It outperforms all except the littman master cardiology in trials I have seen. But it is much more versatile than the master, which is what you need in med school.

You don't need to buy it now. Just wait till the presentation at the start of the year. I believe they warranty it for the duration of med school.

Littman cardiology III. Thats the standard for 95% of docs. It outperforms all except the littman master cardiology in trials I have seen. But it is much more versatile than the master, which is what you need in med school.

You don't need to buy it now. Just wait till the presentation at the start of the year. I believe they warranty it for the duration of med school.

Thanks NLengr! hmmmmm I know I SHOULD wait..lol

Weee! FINALLY got my transcript to CaRMS for my English credits!

I was hoping my updated transcripts would get there before the online system shuts down. Crossing my fingers they will arrive tomorrow so I don't have to call and annoy the staff. Have you made any decisions as to which offer you are going to accept allaroundrosie?

Archived