Premed 101 Forums

Medical School Preparation- Class of 2017

Weee! FINALLY got my transcript to CaRMS for my English credits!

Congrats on Ottawa! but you are still gonna be hanging with us right?

Woohooo, cannot wait to send my transcript..still waiting... should be soon enough, I am at least not worried about them revoking the offer now that marks are in :rolleyes:

5 weeks until I am on my way to the big rock.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was hoping my updated transcripts would get there before the online system shuts down. Crossing my fingers they will arrive tomorrow so I don't have to call and annoy the staff. Have you made any decision as to which offer you are going to accept allaroundrosie?

I called MUN and they said that sending them along later than that is fine..I told them I graduate the end of May.

Congrats on Ottawa! but you are still gonna be hanging with us right?

Woohooo, cannot wait to send my transcript..still waiting... should be soon enough, I am at least not worried about them revoking the offer now that marks are in :rolleyes:

5 weeks until I am on my way to the big rock.

Sending in my declined offer to Ottawa on Tuesday unless i have some kind of major epiphany between now and then. You guys are just too cool to leave ;)

FYI: I just logged onto my MUN student services account and noticed that registration for Med 2013-2014 opens at 7:00am on May 31st. Has anyone received an email or anything in the mail about this?

I haven't. I'm assuming that will come with the information packet they send out this summer. At least I hope it does....

FYI: I just logged onto my MUN student services account and noticed that registration for Med 2013-2014 opens at 7:00am on May 31st. Has anyone received an email or anything in the mail about this?

I haven't heard anything either. My transcript won't even be sent to carms until after convocation on the 29th, so I imagine I won't get any information until after that...

Let us know if you find out more!

I recall seeing June 1 as when registration opens, so that makes sense.

I also cannot do much until after convocation (May 31), MUN said all that was fine and still send to Carms but I will more than likely be calling to see when I can register early June and hoping they have verified my transcript.

Just a heads-up, I only needed my acceptance letter for my LoC at RBC. I already have access to the full $250K to do with as I please.

me too, only at TD..I have to apply for the full amount though, with reason...hmmm wife, 2 kids lol. I have 250k it is just spread over the 4 years :( I received my first installment a while back and my wife and has been shopping like crazy to furnish our new place.

allaroundrosie when are you heading up?..and smart choice! I look forward to meeting all of you, about 4 weeks until I am driving to the ferry.

me too, only at TD..I have to apply for the full amount though, with reason...hmmm wife, 2 kids lol. I have 250k it is just spread over the 4 years :( I received my first installment a while back and my wife and has been shopping like crazy to furnish our new place.

allaroundrosie when are you heading up?..and smart choice! I look forward to meeting all of you, about 4 weeks until I am driving to the ferry.

Ohhhh, I dunno. August sometime, pending ability to find housing to my liking. Probably mid August. I'm not overly organized! Worst case scenario I'll be the classmate living in a hippy van for the first month.

Ohhhh, I dunno. August sometime, pending ability to find housing to my liking. Probably mid August. I'm not overly organized! Worst case scenario I'll be the classmate living in a hippy van for the first month.

possible decrease or increase to your new car budget..lol. I am pretty unorganized and a huge procrastinator, my wife takes care of everything. :o Especially after having our children, she needs everything perfect.

My vehicle heads in next week for a check up to make sure she can do the trip fine, hopefully the UHaul is in good shape. I looked into changing everything over car wise and I don't know about PEI but here in NB we need our car inspected every year...not necessary in NL..only needed when you are first purchasing or something.

What's important about registration...aren't we all taking the same courses first year or something? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I believe some banks require seeing registration for actual courses before they finalize LOC and for any others probably just anxious for the next step since getting our acceptance. I am sure some are still in disbelief and being able to log in and see you have registered for courses would help lol I am also looking forward to the admission package I have heard about. :D

A while back someone posted a link to a chart that compared LOCs offered by different banks but I can't seem to find it now..I'm not sure whether it was in this thread or not. If anyone has the link could you post it here? I'm trying to decide which bank to go with and I think it would be helpful :) Thanks!!

Weird, Med 2013-2014 still isn't showing on my MUN self service. The most recent term I can select to view registration times is Med 2012-2013 :confused:

Archived