Premed 101 Forums

OOP Stats and Invites

Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster,

Quick questions about OOP (like Ontario, i.e. non east-coast) applicants.

1) Does anyone know how many people interviewed from OOP

2) How many OOP spots are there - for non-east coasters

3) When are we expected to find out our admission status?

On the website they originally said as late as March, but seeing as I haven't heard yet, I assume that is going to be pushed back.

Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster,

Quick questions about OOP (like Ontario, i.e. non east-coast) applicants.

1) Does anyone know how many people interviewed from OOP

2) How many OOP spots are there - for non-east coasters

3) When are we expected to find out our admission status?

On the website they originally said as late as March, but seeing as I haven't heard yet, I assume that is going to be pushed back.

1) Not sure probably 25-30

2) 5 and approx 400 applicants (as per their website)

3) I would think they have been sent out. Remember only 5 people are going to be accepted and a large number of applicants do not post on this forum.

Gametime24 (OOP) said yesterday he still had not received anything from Memorial. There may still be hope? I would assume that rejections would have gone out same time much like the NB pool. good luck waiting.:)

Good call silvantes haha! And yeah, I still haven't heard anything, would like to find out soon though.

Good call silvantes haha! And yeah, I still haven't heard anything, would like to find out soon though.

Good luck, are you interested in MUN, you got into Dal so do you already have your mind made up? How did your girlfriend make out? I still have my Mac interview to go to which I have not made up my mind on yet:confused: I am very excited about the new curriculum and facilities at MUN and I have heard some bad jokes about Mac, I think I want a four year program and even with the shortened program with the tuition and housing Mac would be more expensive.

Good luck, are you interested in MUN, you got into Dal so do you already have your mind made up? How did your girlfriend make out? I still have my Mac interview to go to which I have not made up my mind on yet:confused: I am very excited about the new curriculum and facilities at MUN and I have heard some bad jokes about Mac, I think I want a four year program and even with the shortened program with the tuition and housing Mac would be more expensive.

From seeing a number of my friends' apartments and hearing about what they pay, Hamilton is MUCH cheaper (I'd say 200-300 less per month for comparable 2 bedroom apartments), but you're right about tuition... You'd end up paying a fair bit more.

My girlfriend is currently waitlisted at MUN and accepted to a masters program at Queens, so either of those schools would be ideal for me! So I'm definitely interested to find out the status of my application! I still have my UofT interview to go to which I decided to attend and do my best at.

I hear you about the costs, Queens was an amazing school when I was there but tuition is SO much more, even compared to Dal it's a difference of like 30 000 - 40 000 and then there is the cost of living as well, and flights home (my fam is from NS), all in all, Queens or UofT would likely cost me 50 000+ more than Dal and like 70 000+ more than Mun :/

My girlfriend is currently waitlisted at MUN and accepted to a masters program at Queens, so either of those schools would be ideal for me! So I'm definitely interested to find out the status of my application! I still have my UofT interview to go to which I decided to attend and do my best at.

I hear you about the costs, Queens was an amazing school when I was there but tuition is SO much more, even compared to Dal it's a difference of like 30 000 - 40 000 and then there is the cost of living as well, and flights home (my fam is from NS), all in all, Queens or UofT would likely cost me 50 000+ more than Dal and like 70 000+ more than Mun :/

Big decisions, each school could take you down a different path. I hope you both end up getting in together, must be hard to try to have everything work out. I always know my wife and kids will be with me (I'll pay for dragging her around later haha) I hear normally MUN moves a lot but there is a lot of talk about the new program and facilities at MUN this year.

Also I checked into Hamilton housing a bit as it factors into a decision and there were some good places but not much cheaper than St. John's especially where I need to rent a house/ big 3 bedroom. I thought about doing a 2 bedroom but we have worries our youngest would get smothered..:eek: The places in St. John's (as far as homes for rent) are quite nice, some brand new builds.

Anything that is not; NL, NB, PEI, Yukon - is considered OOP

Therefore Ontario is OOP (Out of Province - and for clarity: Out of aforementioned special provinces)

Haha, thanks, but I understand the definition of "out of province". I was more commenting on the fact that the previous post said "Ontario" rather than OOP. I was subtly joking that Ontario = COTU. Poking fun at my friends from Ontario! Clearly, trying to communicate this joke without hearing my tone of voice doesn't work very well. :P

Hey! I heard that an OOP applicant got an offer this morning. I personally haven't heard from mun (who knows whether that's a good or bad thing). I just heard this through the grapevine but I thought you all might want to hear some news.

Do you know where the OOP was from?

Hey guys,

I was just looking on this thread for the first time and thought I would help to clear up some of the confusion. I received my acceptance letter to MUN today. I live in Ontario so I would expect everyone else should receive their letters within the next few days.

Very excited but still hoping for some good news from schools in central Canada or out west. I wasn't the biggest fan of St. Johns (especially what I hear about the weather) and being the first class with a new curriculum seems a bit worrisome.

In any case, good luck to everyone!

Ontario as far as I know. I don't know if that actually means anything though.

Do you know if they phone everyone? Or just the people who get accepted and everyone else receives a letter.

Everybody gets a letter, both for acceptance and regrets

Hey guys,

I was just looking on this thread for the first time and thought I would help to clear up some of the confusion. I received my acceptance letter to MUN today. I live in Ontario so I would expect everyone else should receive their letters within the next few days.

Very excited but still hoping for some good news from schools in central Canada or out west. I wasn't the biggest fan of St. Johns (especially what I hear about the weather) and being the first class with a new curriculum seems a bit worrisome.

In any case, good luck to everyone!

CONGRATS!! It is where I am headed! I even declined my Mac interview lol, I will keep the letter though! The people seem to be really great in St. John's, good luck! The weather is gonna be pretty cold...haha, we are canadian though and probably mostly locked up studying.

Archived