Premed 101 Forums

Assuming they still offer the Calgary cohort (there's been some debate on the forum) is there anyone who can speak to the pro's and con's? It's been briefly mentioned a few times on here, but a new thread would be helpful.

Cheers!

I don't know about the pros and cons very well but there is a pretty good video on their website.

PS. I think the Calgary cohort is still a go.... I had a job interview with them recently for a physical therapy assistant job.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a Calgary cohort for OT and I'd recommend it. There are definitely some negatives (i.e. some classes being teleconferenced in instead of live, not having as much of a campus vibe) but the smaller class size and teacher-student ratio for the Calgary group is a huge positive, not to mention Calgary being a much better city! They get a lot more individualized attention and have some great profs that teach live from Calgary. A lot of the glitches have been worked out in the first year so the second years should have a pretty smooth time. It's not for everybody though so definitely weigh out the pros ad cons before deciding.

I am curious to see how they select students to attend the Calgary cohort.

I mentioned it in my letter of intent. As I have kids, and with Grandma and Grandpa living in Calgary, it would be optimal for me. My fingers are crossed.

Did they already say you were selected for Calgary, Skier_Chic? I am waiting for my official letter in the mail, but my email did not specify which campus (Edmonton or Calgary).

Hi myb,

No, unfortunately the letter only specified that those who had an interest should indicate so on their acceptance form.

I had contemplated emailing Michelle to ask her for a more detailed explanation of the selection process but when I did that months ago--about the program--she didn't answer the question.

Here's hoping for our sanity that we don't find out late July or something crazy. I'm not opposed to moving but would prefer not to pull my hair out in the process.

Here's hoping for our sanity that we don't find out late July or something crazy. I'm not opposed to moving but would prefer not to pull my hair out in the process.

Exactly! I have to move my family from Victoria.

Thanks for the response:)

Archived