Premed 101 Forums

is UWO really GPA based for OT?

I've heard mixed sayings on this. I've heard that some people was waitlisted although they made the cutoff? Or that someone in the class was told they were selected based on GPA. Anyone know how much weight they put into the personal submissions? I feel that mine are quite mediocre.

GPA > submissions for OT. They will probably take them into consideration but be known that Western has a habit of only looking at GPA for their programs. If you are well above the cut-off I wouldn't be worried. They probably take them more into consideration if you are closer to the cut-off GPA.

The gpa cut off last year was 3.64. Although, if the Mac interview cut off increase is anything to go by, I'm afraid to know just how high Western's went up by...

I didn't apply for UWO this year but was looking into it for the next round of applications. Does anyone know what their cutoff for OT was last year?

• 2 weeks later...

I though it was vague too! Everybody I asked to interpret it (family, friends) suggested it means that they will go by GPA until it gets down near the cutoff. Then people with the same GPA would be ranked according to the quality of their personal statement. For example, if two people right at the cutoff have the same GPA, they would decide between the two by looking at the personal statement. Same goes with ranking on the waiting list. Again this is just an interpretation so I can't say for sure!

Archived