Premed 101 Forums

Official 2013 uOttawa Waiting List-English Stream

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My friend just got a call.

wGPA: 3.97

Time: ~11:30am

He says they're only working until 12pm today.

Only working until 12?! nooooo!!! if that's the case, they are done calling people now. unreallllll.

i wish there was a smiley on this for hysterical crying.. but this will have to do: :(

Hi guys, just signed up to give you an update. Been watching the thread for weeks, really hope you all get some good news.

I'm not sure how many more calls will be going out today, but the English stream wait list has definitely started to move. I just got the call, and will be accepting. I'm very thrilled and very excited.

Stats:

Timestamp: Somewhere around 11:30 am.

wGPA: 3.97

Crossing my fingers for the rest of you. Good luck! :)

Hey guys,

Just got accepted off the waitlist. Received an email around 11:26!

Stats:

GPA: 3.96

OOO, English Stream

Interview - went well for the most part but definitely messed up the ethical scenario questions.

I also wanted to thank everyone on the forum for your support....the last two weeks were horrible and I feel for all of you and I hope that you all join me next year at Ottawa. If there is any more information I can give you to ease the anxiety you are feeling, feel free to private message me and I will definitely get back to you! Good luck with the wait everyone...the day of reckoning has come :)

It seems there still very high on first interview group for the waitlist (looking at the GPAs).

There's still plenty of movement to come. In the last couple of years it seems as though they went through 2 to 3 interview groups before class is full.

I know it must be really tough with the wait, but don't lose hope. I wish the waitlisters the best of luck!

And congrats to those who got off the waitlist today.

Wasn't at home to pick up the call but received at email to urgently call Chantal. Didn't have the opportunity to because it was after 1:00, so I will be calling at 9:00 monday. This probably means I got accepted and I will accepting. My wgpa was 3.963. Thanks for all the help everyone, and best wishes.

Congratulations! I would still try to call (if you haven't).

Thanks for the advice, I just made a call and talked to Diane. I will be accepting the offer. Chantal will send out the offer package on Tues. Can't wait to meet all of you in Sept and best of luck to those that are still waiting.

Congratulations to you and to everyone accepted!

We will have to endure more waiting! what a weekend this is going to be :(:(

Thanks for the advice, I just made a call and talked to Diane. I will be accepting the offer. Chantal will send out the offer package on Tues. Can't wait to meet all of you in Sept and best of luck to those that are still waiting.

Lol, wonderful! Glad to have helped. I'm sure you will have an amazing weekend.

Any mention of when they will be in the office until or anything? Or do you know why it may take until Tuesday?

The number of upper years in the Facebook group is approx 20 give or take a couple.

maybe their office is closed again today? so odd....

could an upper year Ottawa med student chime in about approximately how many med students are currently in the facebook group?

I am really hoping that the lack of waitlist requests are just due to the fact that they're busy/having problems/doing something else and not because there will be no more offers or the class is near full.

There could be a reason why they're sending those emails on Tuesday. That explains why there were no calls today (that we know of).

I asked this member why she might have said Tuesday, but he/she didn't know. I was hoping that the reason wouldn't be one that would keep them from making calls today :(...

maybe their office is closed again today? so odd....

could an upper year Ottawa med student chime in about approximately how many med students are currently in the facebook group?

I am really hoping that the lack of waitlist requests are just due to the fact that they're busy/having problems/doing something else and not because there will be no more offers or the class is near full.

The upper years arent allowed to join the group until later in the summer so the number should still be around 20 give or take a few. I'd say its probably between 20-25 (Lets just say 23 for average sake).

Hope this helps!

I know its hard to wait, but sit tight :)

I have my fingers crossed for you guys.

Best of luck!

Archived