Premed 101 Forums

Official 2013 uOttawa Waiting List-English Stream

To all lurkers:

When you get your calls, please take the time to post on this thread to let everyone know. I know that a lot of people never end up making profiles and so the forum never gets updated. I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that would be really comforting to know that the waitlist is moving! So again, please have the courtesy to share your good news!

Best of luck to everyone :)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've decided to join based on what the previous person posted and I challenge those that are still lurking to find the time to contribute and help ease the anxiety in those of us that are still waiting. Anyways, I haven't heard anything from Ottawa yet but I will definitely post something if I hear from them. I was good wait-listed with a wGPA: 3.963. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

This is pretty frustrating. Looking back at the previous threads, it seems odd that Ottawa would take this long to call waitlisters. I am wondering if anyone on the facebook group can send a private message to members to see if anyone of them were from the waitlist. Thanks in advance.

I've been watching the fb group yesterday/today and there hasn't been any movement significant enough to think they've started contacting people. The people who've joined just seem to be people who were originally accepted but didn't join the group or more upper years.

It seems like Queen's is the only Ontario school moving on to the waitlist right now.

Some reasons for delay: trying to contact people who didn't respond to their offer by the deadline, making sure their list is as up-to-date as possible with all the updates and info from OMSAS, working out numbers for how many french and english offers to send out...I don't know but I assume something is keeping them held up.

I think all schools have started moving. Even Toronto, which supposedly over-accepts so much that their waitlist is known to move very little. McMaster and Queens are both moving. Western hasn't. NOSM has moved already and even gives their waitlist members their ranking number.

:( Why haven't we heard then? This is so disappointing and nerve wracking. I don't even mind if I don't get in but I just want to hear that it's moving.

Delay could be a good sign...maybe there's a lot of spots and they're taking their time to figure things out before they call/email everyone

YAYYYY! This has actually been my theory.... So now it surely can't be that crazy if others think it too! Hahah :P

haha sounds kinda like the early signs of desperate thinking, though I'd also be ecstatic if it was true

Take this with a grain of salt for all previously mentioned reasons but...

106 members in facebook group right now, can verify that 1 friend has accepted elsewhere making it 105. let's say 20 people are upper years. 105-20=85 spots taken french/english combined. 156-85 = ~70 spots available. Is that considered a lot?

Calls came in last year on May 29th. I don't think its time to panic yet if they are one day behind!

I think there are probably at least 10-20 people who have been accepted but are not on the Facebook group so don't forget to factor that in!

I posted this previously, but one year, 98 spots were claimed off the waitlist while a previous year had 58 spots claimed so its very variable!

Good luck everyone! I keep checking on here to see if it's moving too!

Calls came in last year on May 29th. I don't think its time to panic yet if they are one day behind!

I think there are probably at least 10-20 people who have been accepted but are not on the Facebook group so don't forget to factor that in!

I posted this previously, but one year, 98 spots were claimed off the waitlist while a previous year had 58 spots claimed so its very variable!

Good luck everyone! I keep checking on here to see if it's moving too!

D-day last year was also May 15th. May 29th last year was 2 weeks after D-day, so this year the analogous date would be May 28th.

I can't say I like your input about the facebook group... I'm trying to avoid using that as an indication. There are several reasons for why the number may be bigger and smaller, so there's really no point in using the Facebook groups.

I can't say I like your input about the facebook group... I'm trying to avoid using that as an indication. There are several reasons for why the number may be bigger and smaller, so there's really no point in using the Facebook groups.

Agreed, it's totally a waste of my time to be checking it and I was talking myself into doing it as if it was helpful. Sigh...

Agreed, it's totally a waste of my time to be checking it and I was talking myself into doing it as if it was helpful. Sigh...

Honestly, there are manyyyyy of us who have been doing the same thing and trying to make some sort of sense in this madness... You're just brave enough to admit it! I hope this is the case :) speculation is just a bit of fun! :P

Its odd that not a single person on premed101 has been called off the waitlist when it was suppose to begin moving yesterday. There are a lot of lurkers and I'm assuming as inquisitive premeds, most of us if not all of us on the waitlist (even nonmembers) have tried to find information on the net to determine our chances of coming off the waitlist. This would ultimately lead us to this forum. I'm sure if someone was actually taken off already, they would have made an account to let the rest of us anxious waitlisters know. Hahaha...this is just to ease my mind that they still haven't began the process yet so many of us still have a good chance...

Its odd that not a single person on premed101 has been called off the waitlist when it was suppose to begin moving yesterday. There are a lot of lurkers and I'm assuming as inquisitive premeds, most of us if not all of us on the waitlist (even nonmembers) have tried to find information on the net to determine our chances of coming off the waitlist. This would ultimately lead us to this forum. I'm sure if someone was actually taken off already, they would have made an account to let the rest of us anxious waitlisters know. Hahaha...this is just to ease my mind that they still haven't began the process yet so many of us still have a good chance...

Agreed! There must be something up and they are delayed. I am sure that if it has moved, at all, there would be SOMETHING on here

A possible speculation: This year, Quebec medical schools didn't release their responses until the 29th, bc everything in Quebec was delayed because of the strikes and such. Ottawa would be one of the only schools really affected by this since they have the French stream.. So perhaps they were waiting a little longer to allow for this movement.

The last two posts of the accepted/rejected/waitlisted thread gave me the idea..

I hope movement will begin today...

A possible speculation: This year, Quebec medical schools didn't release their responses until the 29th, bc everything in Quebec was delayed because of the strikes and such. Ottawa would be one of the only schools really affected by this since they have the French stream.. So perhaps they were waiting a little longer to allow for this movement.

The last two posts of the accepted/rejected/waitlisted thread gave me the idea..

I hope movement will begin today...

Argh, if it doesn't start today, we get to spend the weekend in agony! Lucky us, right? :(

Archived