Premed 101 Forums

Official 2013 uOttawa Waiting List-English Stream

I'm new to the forum, have been watching from afar but decided to finally make an account and join in. Hope I'm doing this right...

Lovestruck: Aren't 16 of the people in the fb group student society members? I can also add that some people in the group (some friends of mine) are undecided about which school and belong to multiple class pages or have already accepted offers elsewhere but are still in the group.

Medical missy: Did you call in to ask about when they'd start contacting people?

As always, good luck everyone! :)

Oh wow... Well if this is the case.... Even better!!! Yay hahah

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Definitely possible! I know 8 for sure are part of the student society but there could definitely be more! I just figured I'd post the numbers on here as it gives an estimate, albeit not completely accurate, of current acceptance numbers.

I know if I was waitlisted, I'd like to know info like this even if it could be unrepresentative so I passed it along!

Lovestruck: definitely agree with you! I am (good) waitlisted and checking the numbers on that group has given me hope. To clarify, my comment was to make your numbers even more positive! If there's more 2016s in the group and some people have multiple offers, that makes the numbers better for waitlisters. :)

I think around 16 of the people in the facebook group joined before decisions came out so they're definitely upper years. The rest of the numbers probably reflects how many people currently are confirmed since there may be some who may have accepted other universities but there's also people are did not join the group, which probably cancels each other out.

I think around 16 of the people in the facebook group joined before decisions came out so they're definitely upper years. The rest of the numbers probably reflects how many people currently are confirmed since there may be some who may have accepted other universities but there's also people are did not join the group, which probably cancels each other out.

Hey guys, studying for my exam tomorrow morning but will try to give you an idea of how many upper years there are in the group. PM if I don't get back to you by Sunday.

Hang in there! I know it's tough to wait :(

Hey guys, studying for my exam tomorrow morning but will try to give you an idea of how many upper years there are in the group. PM if I don't get back to you by Sunday.

Hang in there! I know it's tough to wait :(

That would be wonderful! I keep seeing the numbers go up (it's at 95 now I think) and it's making me nervous because I'm not sure if the new members are off the waitlist or just late to join the group.

Thanks!

That would be wonderful! I keep seeing the numbers go up (it's at 95 now I think) and it's making me nervous because I'm not sure if the new members are off the waitlist or just late to join the group.

Thanks!

The number of upper years in the Facebook group is approx 20 give or take a couple.

Judging by the absence of responses, I would guess that they still haven't contacted anyone yet. Which is weird because I emailed the office last week and was told that they were going to start contacting the end of last week or early this week.

I believe that they contact you initially by phone but if they can't get you they then send you an email saying that they are trying to contact you. I think you then have about a week to decide. I think it's less time to decide when you get a spot from the waitlist because they're trying to finalize things.

I know we could speculate on this all day (not obsessed or anything hahahah) but I wonder why they are delayed? Maybe it's because there are just soooo many spots available!! :P haha. Do you think it's probable that it will also take them more than one day to get to contacting everyone?

Keep calm and wait on! :)

Archived