Premed 101 Forums

Official 2013 uOttawa Waiting List-English Stream

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the meantime, it would be great if someone would answer this question:

My understanding is that most schools require an answer from those accepted by May 28th. Does this mean that the waiting list calls begin only after the 28th? What happens then with those who were are accepted at one school, but were wait listed at another and are waiting to see if they the waiting list moves before the 28th?

Hopefully that was clear. lol.

Hi FlameStillBurning,

I think this is a great idea. I will contribute this thread, if and when I hear from U of Ottawa regarding my status as I'm currently good-waitlisted.

As for your question, my understanding (from reading other threads on premed), they do start to call people off the waitlist before the 28th, although there will probably be more movement after the 28th.

Best of luck to you too! :)

I would assume that some schools would start the move before that. It all depends on how many applicants firmly say no to schools prior to the 28th.

If you are from ONT and mail the school before the 28th rejecting their offer, I don't see why they wouldn't get the first person off their waitlist. But yea, the bulk of them probably come out around that time.

Thanks guys! I'm loving the positivity already! It would be nice to see you both in September next year :) I'm sure BAMF will be easy to recognize haha

Here's a template we can use:

Approximate time of call:

wGPA:

Ottawa status: OOO/ In Ottawa

Provincial status: IP/OP

Current year:

Additional comments:

I would assume that some schools would start the move before that. It all depends on how many applicants firmly say no to schools prior to the 28th.

If you are from ONT and mail the school before the 28th rejecting their offer, I don't see why they wouldn't get the first person off their waitlist. But yea, the bulk of them probably come out around that time.

Historically things have moved prior to the 28th (well recent history - before a few years ago they simply didn't, then TO started, then others followed). Not much movement mind you but some.

thanks rmorelan! the waiting is just brutal... it still feels like there is a little hope hanging over our heads. depending on how it goes near the end of the month into the first week of june, i think that gives us a more clear indication as to whether we will get in or not. at least uOttawa will tell us when the class has been filled! until then..... keep calm and hope on? :P

Do you have any info on how many people get in off the waitlist etc?

I know that when you do the interview, everyone with 4.0 and some people with a 3.5 get in. Do you know what kind of score you need to get on the good waitlist vs. bad waitlist? Is it like Western where everyone from good waitlist eventually gets in?

thanks rmorelan! the waiting is just brutal... it still feels like there is a little hope hanging over our heads. depending on how it goes near the end of the month into the first week of june, i think that gives us a more clear indication as to whether we will get in or not. at least uOttawa will tell us when the class has been filled! until then..... keep calm and hope on? :P

I'm going insane over here :( We won't be seeing anything until Tuesday I bet...

Do you have any info on how many people get in off the waitlist etc?

I know that when you do the interview, everyone with 4.0 and some people with a 3.5 get in. Do you know what kind of score you need to get on the good waitlist vs. bad waitlist? Is it like Western where everyone from good waitlist eventually gets in?

There is no official info but page 24 of http://www.afmc.ca/pdf/2013_ad_bk.pdf gives you info from previous years.

153 people were offered admission and 98 declined the offer in 07/08 meaning that 98 people got off the waitlist.

BUT it's very variable! In 08/09 only 58 declined their offer.

SO basically: it depends!

Thanks for keeping us posted... Much appreciated! :)

Anyone know if there have been many other declines? From themselves, friends, colleagues?

I can tell you from the 2017 Facebook group, there are 91 members (8 of which are 2016s that are on the student society) so around 82 confirmed acceptances. I don't know how accurate this is but it provides a general idea. This is both french and English stream combined.

Good luck to everyone! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I can tell you from the 2017 Facebook group, there are 91 members (8 of which are 2016s that are on the student society) so around 82 confirmed acceptances. I don't know how accurate this is but it provides a general idea. This is both french and English stream combined.

Good luck to everyone! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

this is a great way to put things in perspective! definitely a little glimmer of hope right now haha. i heard that admissions will be contacting waitlisters late this week (i.e. tomorrow) OR early next week. good luck everyoneeeeee!!! :P

I'm new to the forum, have been watching from afar but decided to finally make an account and join in. Hope I'm doing this right...

Lovestruck: Aren't 16 of the people in the fb group student society members? I can also add that some people in the group (some friends of mine) are undecided about which school and belong to multiple class pages or have already accepted offers elsewhere but are still in the group.

Medical missy: Did you call in to ask about when they'd start contacting people?

As always, good luck everyone! :)

Lovestruck: Aren't 16 of the people in the fb group student society members? I can also add that some people in the group (some friends of mine) are undecided about which school and belong to multiple class pages or have already accepted offers elsewhere but are still in the group.

Definitely possible! I know 8 for sure are part of the student society but there could definitely be more! I just figured I'd post the numbers on here as it gives an estimate, albeit not completely accurate, of current acceptance numbers.

I know if I was waitlisted, I'd like to know info like this even if it could be unrepresentative so I passed it along!

I'm new to the forum, have been watching from afar but decided to finally make an account and join in. Hope I'm doing this right...

Medical missy: Did you call in to ask about when they'd start contacting people?

As always, good luck everyone! :)

There are also students from the French stream who have joined the group, and definitely some upper year medical students.

I'm such a lurker... hah

This is exciting. Mind sharing your source?

I emailed admissions haha :( i was way too stressed... Probably shouldnt have bombarded their inbox but its too late now haha. They are so kind and patient with us in there... I think they feel for what we are going through! I was so grateful for a response haha

Archived