Premed 101 Forums

Why can't I find the link on ORPAS? Can someone help me please?!

When you log in, its the third option I believe where it says respond to offers of admission and then follow the instructions from there. There's no specific SAM link that you have to click

"Applicants with offers of admission who are currently attending university must request a copy of their final transcript. Applicants who attend Ontario universities must use the online TRF to order final transcripts." So do we select 'after degree conferred' in the Transcript Request Form?

Do you know if we accept one, then do all of the others automatically get declined?

Yes everything else is declined if it is a firm acceptance. If you do provisional acceptance then you are kept on other program waitlists. Anyone know how it works if you get off a waitlist? Do you get to choose between schools?

I did a firm accept for Queen's OT because that was my top choice! It didn't prompt me to pay an acceptance fee and I'm paranoid I'll somehow lose my spot! I'm coming from BC and the schools out here (Alberta too I think) make you pay an acceptance fee to hold your spot. Anyone know if it's the same with ORPAS?

I'm sure I could find the info somewhere, but if any of you awesome people know off the top of your head it would be much appreciated!

Hey guys,

I'm sitting here with a couple of other queen's OTs and we don't remember paying an acceptance fee! Pretty sure queen's doesn't require it :)

And also, congrats!!

Thank you! Just hv another quick question, can we just take "Standard First Aid & CPR Level Health Care Provider (HCP)" class anywhere as long as we get the certificate? Thank you.

I am feeling so grateful to be accepted at UWO, U of T, Mac and Queens but now I am having so many conflicted thoughts! I am slightly leaning towards Queens and Mac. I am from BC so I don't have much experience with any of the schools besides Mac for the interview. Any insights? I really want to know how your Queens experience is!

Definitely! If you PM me with specific details/questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Overall, I love Queen's and Kingston and feel very at home here (even though I am from NB).

We have at least 5 in our class from BC (victoria island/vancouver & surrounding area) so I could also put you in touch with one of them if you would find it helpful!

Best of luck for everyone making pros and cons lists on this long weekend

Guest Physioprospect
I am feeling so grateful to be accepted at UWO, U of T, Mac and Queens but now I am having so many conflicted thoughts! I am slightly leaning towards Queens and Mac. I am from BC so I don't have much experience with any of the schools besides Mac for the interview. Any insights? I really want to know how your Queens experience is!

Really depends on what you want. If you want to teach yourself almost everything and more of a neuro focus, go to Mac, if you want a heavy, heavy othropaedic based school, go to UWO, if you want less ortho and more of a neuro, cardio, go to queens.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if I did this correctly and I think I should have waited till tomorrow but I got inpatient. I just went on orpas and selected sam. Then I selected I wanted to respond to offers. I selected my university and program and selected firm accept and click submitted. Is this correct? The admissions lady told me my offer would be on orpas tomorrow since she said it takes them time to process the offer but I got a little antsy about it and tried to do it tonight. Is there suppose to be something that lists that you were offered admission for a specific program or did I do this correctly?

Archived