Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invite Timing

Spoke with admissions today (buggin' em.. I know lol) and they said that some interview candidates have been notified, others have not yet been notified. We can only go by what admissions say. Guess there is still some hope. Also, seems like no one else has been notified since last Friday? I know some MCAT scores were released yesterday (from September).. could be what is contributing to the hold up?

do they send rejections by email soon after the invites? or do they send them by snail mail.

hoping OOP invites are sent a bit later :s

in the past, they have notified applicants who were not awarded an interviewed by snail mail letter and it has been after the interviews take place :( honestly, given that interviews are now less than a month away, they will probably be notifying OOP who have to travel as soon as possible. so are more time passes, i would imagine that the likelihood of getting an interview will be reduced :( this is just my 2 cents though

I got my email last Friday, and when I didn't reply (because it was in my junk folder), they called me Tuesday morning. I think that OOP invitations were all sent my email, because the time needed to make arrangements wouldn't be conducive to sending through the mail (just my opinion obviously) They might be sending out another round of invites however, so be sure to keep checking your junk email!

Congrats on those who have been invited for interviews!

There are a couple of resident physicians from Edmonton who will be coming to St. John's on Nov 3/13 to put on a full 8 hour course to prepare those for their med school interviews!

For those interested, there is a FREE online information session tomorrow evening at 9pm NST. Email info@macadmissions.com for more details!

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if they are finished with sending invites??:confused:

Hey man, I'm not sure if they're done sending them out but the interviews are in under 2 weeks time so I really doubt that they're still sending invites, especially if you're OOP. Just my $0.02 though, I know as much as anyone else on here (namely, not a lot :P)

Archived