Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to interview decisions!

Chill with the "...". Of course I understand that, but given that these people applied a couple few weeks in advance of the deadline for everyone else, this much waiting could be frustrating if they have other things to focus on. Of course it's not UBC's fault that more people applied this year. Not everyone gets as riled up about invites as I do of course, so I'm sure some early-birds are fine with the wait.

I'm early bird and I couldn't care less about the wait. Just hoping for good news whenever it comes lol

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chill with the "...". Of course I understand that, but given that these people applied a couple few weeks in advance of the deadline for everyone else, this much waiting could be frustrating if they have other things to focus on. Of course it's not UBC's fault that more people applied this year. Not everyone gets as riled up about invites as I do of course, so I'm sure some early-birds are fine with the wait.

Clearly by your initial post, you were misinformed so chill with being so defensive when someone tries to help you by informing you...

Can't help but checking my email inbox every half an hour or so. I'm so scared of seeing an email from UBC, but I just can't stop myself from checking over and over again... Good thing that I'm working today from 11 till 8ish, or else I don't know how I can spend the rest of the day without dying in paranoia.

Can't help but checking my email inbox every half an hour or so. I'm so scared of seeing an email from UBC, but I just can't stop myself from checking over and over again... Good thing that I'm working today from 11 till 8ish, or else I don't know how I can spend the rest of the day without dying in paranoia.

The good news is that you wont be receiving any email from UBC (assuming you are talking about regular email). They will only notify you through OAS.

The good news is that you wont be receiving any email from UBC (assuming you are talking about regular email). They will only notify you through OAS.

You will receive any email (through your regular email). OAS automatically sends you email when there is a new information.

Push notifications FTW :cool:

UBC medschool really needs to reconsider the dates of releasing interview rejection/invitation as many applicants are busy on final exams in 1st & 2nd weeks in Dec.

It's not a time commitment like the interview itself, and I don't think they are too worried about adding some extra stress. As far as I'm concerned, finding out earlier is better

It's not a time commitment like the interview itself, and I don't think they are too worried about adding some extra stress. As far as I'm concerned, finding out earlier is better

Exactly, they are not too worried about causing stress. That's not a good thing. :P If they were, they would set a day and just release notifications then like almost every other school.

Yes, I also find it kind of redundant to send an email 2 weeks prior to actual release of the scores just to say "over the next few days, you will receive your score".

The little explanation about what we will be seeing in that email (i.e. AQ vs. NAQ score) could simply be attached to the email about the interview decisions.

Geez, UBC.

Yes, I also find it kind of redundant to send an email 2 weeks prior to actual release of the scores just to say "over the next few days, you will receive your score".

The little explanation about what we will be seeing in that email (i.e. AQ vs. NAQ score) could simply be attached to the email about the interview decisions.

Geez, UBC.

And then they sent an email that was basically saying "never mind". And then a blog post that we would be receiving news soon, and nothing again.

Not to mention the email saying "we've basically changed our criteria totally".

Not cool. :P

And then they sent an email that was basically saying "never mind". And then a blog post that we would be receiving news soon, and nothing again.

Not to mention the email saying "we've basically changed our criteria totally".

Not cool. :P

^^This. Why so cruel UBC?! I'm quarantined at home with shingles and I literally have NOTHING ELSE to think about.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way - but I have absolutely no clue where I stand in terms of AQ while I await an answer from UBC. I go to school with a letter grade system, without an A+, have well over 120 credits, courses which I have been exempted from, courses worth 0 credits, courses that are considered 'extra'. I feel like my GPA could be extremely accurate or totally thrown-off.

I suppose there's not much I can do about it at this point. Obsessively checking PM101 is not helping me for exams either.

EDIT: Also, my interview celebration song is 'All-Star' by Smash Mouth, and I really really want to listen to it...

Archived