Premed 101 Forums

OSAP, OSOG During Residency

Hi everyone,

As I am finishing my MD this year I was just wondering if we are still eligible as residents for the Ontario Opportunity Student Grant (OSOG) for our final medical school year.

I have an estimate of $6470 of OSOG for the 2013-2014 year, but has anyone received this final year reduction once they started residency? Just making sure so I don't consolidate my OSAP loan into my LOC before they apply the reduction.

Thanks,

RTR

Hi everyone,

As I am finishing my MD this year I was just wondering if we are still eligible as residents for the Ontario Opportunity Student Grant (OSOG) for our final medical school year.

I have an estimate of $6470 of OSOG for the 2013-2014 year, but has anyone received this final year reduction once they started residency? Just making sure so I don't consolidate my OSAP loan into my LOC before they apply the reduction.

Thanks,

RTR

I was wondering the same thing as well actually, hopefully someone can clarify?

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

RTR

Well it would apply just like any other year really. People in my class got that grant in the fall of their residency for instance.

• 1 month later...

Archived