Premed 101 Forums

Uot Help! Urgent :|

Hi All,

I really need advice as to whether or not to apply (due to the 1680 hours of previous HC experience). I have emailed admissions countless times to get advice etc., but I have only heard to try it out...at this point I am unsure if its because they get $150 with every application or because they actually think I might have a shot.

I am hoping you can help me out...

I was a Research Coordinator/Assistant for 4+ years at Vancouver Hospital. I worked in a variety of clinical studies with the Geriatric population in both our Falls Prevention Clinic (with full practising Geri's etc.) and long term care homes.

I took medical history, I preformed physical and cognitive assessments (such as MOCA, MMSE, Falls Risk Assessments)...and also helped provide treatment through exercise and nutrition...

Obviously - I am hesitant because my title has "research" in it?

Am I grasping here? Or is there a chance?

I would really like to hear your opinions.

Thank you so much.

Kind regards,

JDR

I believe they might consider people on a case by case basis based on what information you provide in the supplemental application. My current job is 60% clinical, 40% administrative so I made sure I highlighted my clinical skills/experience in the long answer questions and asked my reference to make note of my clinical work in the letter. I think in terms of the word "research" what they don't want to see are people applying who are solely doing actual experimental research with no hands on clinical work.

Archived