Premed 101 Forums

Quebec IP status

Hi everyone,

I am considering gaining quebec`s IP status to become more competitive for McGill MDCM program. I am from Ontario and i was thinking of moving to Montreal after finishing my undergrad this semester and work for a year without enrolling in any studies. According to McGill`s quebec resident requirements, i will be able to gain IP status if i work for 12 months straight. Now, i am wondering if i could still apply to McGill`s MDCM program this fall as an IP student while i work for a year to gain quebec residency? In order words, if i apply in fall 2014, would i be considered in IP pool of applicants given that i would have the IP status before the start of classes in fall 2015 (if i get in) or do i have to gain IP status first before applying, which will cost me another year gap before acceptance?

If anyone could provide insight, that would be great! Thanks!:)

Your status is assessed at the time of application (i.e. application deadline). Source: http://www.mcgill.ca/legaldocuments/medapplicants.

Sceptical

P.S. I've received your PM, but I haven't had time to give a proper reply yet. You can also try contacting Slipstream, as he has a better handle on the admissions process.

Thank you!

PS. that`s alright, i guess i just got my answer! thanks anyways :)

Archived