Premed 101 Forums

Irish offers

Hi everyone,

I applied to four Irish schools: RCSI, UCD, UCC and ULimerick.

I received an offer of admission to UCC yesterday, and I have to respond by April 7.

My first choice would be to live in Dublin and go to either UCD or RCSI. However, I am worried I won't hear from these schools before the April 7 deadline for my UCC offer!

Can anyone shed some light on the timelines for the offers from the Dublin schools?

Also, what is the general reputation of these four schools? Is UCC on the same level as RCSI/UCD?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone,

I applied to four Irish schools: RCSI, UCD, UCC and ULimerick.

I received an offer of admission to UCC yesterday, and I have to respond by April 7.

My first choice would be to live in Dublin and go to either UCD or RCSI. However, I am worried I won't hear from these schools before the April 7 deadline for my UCC offer!

Can anyone shed some light on the timelines for the offers from the Dublin schools?

Also, what is the general reputation of these four schools? Is UCC on the same level as RCSI/UCD?

All Irish medical schools will provide you more or less the same opportunities and in Canada they will be treated the same. Its just where you want to live. Cork isn't a bad place to spend 4 years. I would recommend waiting till the April 7th deadline or a few days before to accept your offer in case a UCD or RCSI offer comes through.

I have heard of people getting multiple offers, so I wouldn't reject UCC until close to the deadline.

If nothing else comes through just take UCC. Reputation and learning wise there isn't a difference, there may be small differences with elective timing and where you can do electives (RCSI has made agreements with other unis in the US for electives), but it really comes down to the location and i think a bird in hand is better than two in the bush.

Hi k2mkenne,

I did pay the extra for FedEx (I got the Cork offer by FedEx on Wednesday).

I applied in February so I think I was overlooked for the first round of RCSI interviews because of my late application - do you know if there is a second round of interviews for RCSI?

It's so hard to know what to do.. I wish I didn't have to decide by April 7th. I really hope to hear from the Dublin schools before then..

• 2 weeks later...

Received an email rejection from RCSI yesterday and an acceptance from UCD today via express mail.

Archived