Premed 101 Forums

Does the rest of med. school go by this fast?

Hey guys,

I'm in first year meds. and I'm absolutely astonished at how fast this year has gone by. By far I'm really enjoying med. school at this point. Any of you guys feel that it's going by too fast? What'd you like the most about the year? What'd you dislike?

Hey guys,

I'm in first year meds. and I'm absolutely astonished at how fast this year has gone by. By far I'm really enjoying med. school at this point. Any of you guys feel that it's going by too fast? What'd you like the most about the year? What'd you dislike?

(yes the rest of medical school will go by that fast as well :) Enjoy the ride!)

It goes by really fast. Clerkship is going by fast too.

I'm okay with it though - I'm ready to be going on with the next stage of my life, earning money, and most of all getting to the part where I get to do my specialty of choice full-time.

Hey guys,

I'm the exact opposite - I've felt this last year go by rather slowly and a big part of that is because I can't wait to be past the pre-clerkship years. The material is fairly interesting, I like my classmates and (most of) the instructors here, but it all feels very inconsequential. Until I can use what I'm learning and be responsible for my decisions, this is going to be a long haul for me. Pre-clerkship feels too much like a holding pattern than progression. Like ellorie, I'm ready to get to the next phase.

Yip, a day away from my final OSCE of second year after which I guess we are considered clerks as we can start immediately doing one mandatory elective between 2nd-3rd year which I will starting in two weeks ... 3rd year ... like everyone else is perceiving, it goes quickly though I am enjoying the ride for now. :)

Beef

Archived