Over the past 3 days, I've

phoned home anxiously ~7 times

complained to my friends about my fear of the impending rejection ~20 times

stopped studying for my final exam countless times because I couldn't focus

oh and of course,

checking here about 3 times per day.

it's only going to get worse?

Is this the first time you applied?

I planned a trip for right after I graduate to preserve my sanity! So far it's been an effective strategy since I'm looking forward to that instead of the possibility of impending doom.

Now let's just hope I don't have any issues getting my notifications in Vietnam...

Over the past 3 days, I've

phoned home anxiously ~7 times

complained to my friends about my fear of the impending rejection ~20 times

stopped studying for my final exam countless times because I couldn't focus

oh and of course,

checking here about 3 times per day.

it's only going to get worse?

Make sure you do lots of self care activities and things you enjoy during this difficult stressful time!

True. This actually happened to my PhD mentor's boyfriend this year at McGill. They have no idea whether he'll get off the list or not and most likely will keep waiting late into the summer.

At the same time, at least being on the waitlist gives you a small glimmer of hope; whereas, a flat out complete rejection is just hope-less lol.

I interviewed last year as a third year and was wide-eyed the entire time.

I was really overly optimistic last year, so now I'm (I guess) bitter and jaded?

Have previous interview experience is actually helpful to relax in the next year application cycle as everything is kind of being familiar.

True, the questions are quite similar so I wasn't caught too off guard. Here's to hoping that helped haha.

That being said, I had issues answering the same type of questions I stumbled on last year. I suppose I'm just really consistent and true to the way I am.

Anyhow, I guess all that's left is to wait and hope for the best! *fingers crossed for all of us~*

That would be very nice although not financially possible :(

If you look at the previous stats, for IPs, about 260 INs plus about 40 waitlisted, in total is about 300 admissible applicants. Comparing to 560 interviewed, this rate is pretty high. Note, I figure out 40 waitlisted number based on the highest declined number in 2011 when they didn't put enough waitlisted applicants & had to call some of the rejected ones coming back to the waltlist.

I think you're right.

Speaking of interviews, what I cannot figure out is why this year UBC interviewed 654 applicants as opposed to 640 like the previous two years.

It may be because there were more than 2100 applicants. But they didn't increase the enrollment number.:( That means more competitive to get in than last year.

Archived