Premed 101 Forums

It is my impression that offers go out may 16th and you have till the 30th to reply. You can reply with a firm acceptance or a provisional acceptance. Firm means its set and you are taken off wait lists and reject your other offers while the provisional acceptances means you have I think a week until its firm giving you a chance to get waitlist offers. As some schools get firm offers right away they can start giving out waitlist offers. It is my impression that most schools offer more acceptances then spaces in the program so just because one person rejects the offer doesn't mean they let one person from the waitlist in.

As for ORPAS updating every day at midnight this I am not sure of. But I have heard of people getting phone calls from universities with offers from the waitlist.

Anyone know what the historic movement on the waitlists for UofT and Mac (OT) is like?

I think I heard that last year McMaster went as far down the waitlist as the 20s, if not 30s. Who knows how this year will be. I'm not sure about the U of T waitlist.

I'm on the McMaster and Queen's waiting lists (both for OT).

Does anyone know how much the waitlist moves for Queen's? Their email said they will start sending more offers ASAP, whereas Mac says they will send more out after June 1st. McMaster is my first choice, so I might take my chances even if I do hear from Queen's (sooner than Mac?), since I'm #4 on McMaster's waitlist. I don't know my ranking for Queen's and wonder how much their waiting list has moved in the past... Does anyone know?

Does anyone know if this was sort of a fluke year? What have been waitlist movements of Queen's PT from years before last year?

I was wondering the same thing (but for OT), so I emailed Queen's asking if in the past there has been any movement on the list and they did not give me any information at all. They said every year is managed differently and depends on the applicant pool. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess!

Yeah, for queens OT, they didn't move at all because they offered more seats thinking that some of them will decline. Turned out that majority of them accepted and the class turned out to be one of the largest they ever took in.

This year might be different though as they might've learned their lessons from last year lol.

Good luck to all.

Archived