Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spoke with a lovely person in admissions today and she mentioned that they will be sending wait list offers before the 27th!

Thank you for the update! Really appreciate it! How soon do you guys think they'll start calling?

I don't believe they started calling waitlisted individuals prior to the 2 week deadline in previous years? They may have done so 3-4 years ago if I remember correctly from reading waitlist threads.

Does anyone know the reasoning behind not giving us what number we are on the waitlist? It would definitely help with some stress knowing if I was number 5 or 50! I really wonder how many of us there are!

I agree. I don't know why they don't. NOSM applicants get their waitlisted numbers. It would definitely help with the anxiety of the whole process, but I guess we have to play by their rules :P

Does anyone know the reasoning behind not giving us what number we are on the waitlist? It would definitely help with some stress knowing if I was number 5 or 50! I really wonder how many of us there are!

I was also wondering why this is. Maybe, they want to keep everyone in the dark to try and get the "best" applicants possible and to avoid everyone removing themselves from the waitlist--which could cause problems for them.

No problem! They wait is even more painful than before… I can't get myself to do or plan anything.

Realistically though I think there's a lot of us on the wait list and for some reason feel like there won't be much movement this year…

Are you in the English or French stream?