Premed 101 Forums

Travel Plans For Upcoming Anesthesia Interview

timothy929

Hi all, I don't post very often but I'd like to seek out someone who is able to split some expensive travels.

As you know, Ontario interviews this year is very condensed, each with their own social to attend.

I'd like to attend all the socials, but this also means that I will have to travel at night to make it to the next city the next day for the interview. So far, my interview organization is as such:

Jan 26 Western/London + social

Jan 27 Queen's/Kingston + social

Jan 28 McMaster/Hamilton + social

EDIT BELOW: THANKS FOR PEOPLE'S INPUT

I was wondering if anyone has a similar schedule. I plan to share with ~2 people a van/car from London to Kingston (4hr30min) AFTER the social. We will take turns to drive. Then continue from Kingston to Hamilton AFTER the Queen's social, which will be about (3hr30min).

Let me know if anyone is interested in this pricey journey. I think realistically we can maximally split 3 ways unless we get a van. So just to make it clear this is for people to intend to attend the entirety of the social event.

If interested, PM me or reply below. Thank you very much!

PS. I will post when the offer has been filled.

Hi all, I don't post very often but I'd like to seek out someone who is able to split some expensive travels.

As you know, Ontario interviews this year is very condensed, each with their own social to attend.

I'd like to attend all the socials, but this also means that I will have to travel at night to make it to the next city the next day for the interview. So far, my interview organization is as such:

Jan 29 UT AM --> Ottawa PM social

Jan 30 Ottawa.

I was wondering if anyone has a similar schedule. I plan to take the cab from London to Kingston (4hr30min) AFTER the social, which will be close to $1000. Then cab from Kingston to Hamilton AFTER the social, which will be about $750 (3hr30min). Then cab from Hamilton to Toronto (1hr), after the evening Meet/Greet at Hamilton. Then cab to Airport at Toronto after AM interview to catch a flight to Ottawa PM social at 6:30pm.

Let me know if anyone is interested in this pricey journey. I think realistically we can maximally split a cab 3 ways.

Yes I checked the flights and the Greyhounds and trains. Realistically, you have to choose between going to the next interview or attending the social. If you want both, then it's the very pricey option above. Hence I'm looking for a potential split.

If interested, shoot me an email at timothy929@gmail.com. Thank you very much!

*boggle*  There's gotta be a cheaper way to do that.

EDIT BELOW: THANKS FOR PEOPLE'S INPUT

I was wondering if anyone has a similar schedule. I plan to share with ~2 people a van/car from London to Kingston (4hr30min) AFTER the social. We will take turns to drive. Then continue from Kingston to Hamilton AFTER the Queen's social, which will be about (3hr30min).

Let me know if anyone is interested in this pricey journey. I think realistically we can maximally split 3 ways unless we get a van. So just to make it clear this is for people to intend to attend the entirety of the social event.

If interested, PM me or reply below. Thank you very much!

this guy does not seem normal...who comes up with a plan like this when you can just drive and has such strict rules like attending the entirety of the social, etc. etc...wouldn't want to be in the car with him for that long...

this guy does not seem normal...who comes up with a plan like this when you can just drive and has such strict rules like attending the entirety of the social, etc. etc...wouldn't want to be in the car with him for that long...

unusual but this is CARMS - this is for all the marbles. People are going to use whatever strategy they think will max their chances :) - that much driving in winter weather can be take a lot out if the roads/weather go off. Anyway I wouldn't read too much into it.

This is CaRMS. I would go with a pricey option and take the train, would rather be safe and sound, and on time. It really can't be that expensive? And isn't there a CMA discount?

Last year there was a big snow storm in Ontario, with accidents and pile-ups along the 401, causing delay to people's travels. 

unusual but this is CARMS - this is for all the marbles. People are going to use whatever strategy they think will max their chances :) - that much driving in winter weather can be take a lot out if the roads/weather go off. Anyway I wouldn't read too much into it.

This is thanks to insomnia, but a rather quick examination of post history reveals that this one was asking about MMI practice earlier in December: 

http://forums.premed101.com/index.php?/topic/75810-mmi-practice-in-vancouver/#entry912335

So I kinda doubt that this bizarre plan is real. 

(Also in the original post he stated an interview date for UofT of Jan 30, which according to the CaRMS website is CIP specific. Do these strike as the plans of someone applying to a CIP?)

I wouldn't encourage people to read too much into it. I feel uncomfortable driving for long hours in a busy schedule, so carpooling seems quite reasonable. And given the nature of CaRMS, I want to reserve ample time for social events should it run later than expected. And I do try to get some practice for MMI for other MMI styled interviews. That's pretty much it. Perhaps this post is counterproductive- I've asked the moderator to kindly delete the post. If it continues to exist, I will not be responding to it, and will respond to PMs only. Thanks!

This is thanks to insomnia, but a rather quick examination of post history reveals that this one was asking about MMI practice earlier in December: 

http://forums.premed101.com/index.php?/topic/75810-mmi-practice-in-vancouver/#entry912335

(Also in the original post he stated an interview date for UofT of Jan 30, which according to the CaRMS website is CIP specific. Do these strike as the plans of someone applying to a CIP?)

ha, detective work on the forum.

Not CIP specific.

Archived