Premed 101 Forums

Interview Dates

I'm trying to decide what dates to buy for my plane tickets. The website doesn't say when the interviews will be held this year, just general "February-March". What does that mean? Do we get to pick any weekend in February-March or are there specific dates? If so, what are the dates? Anyone know? What were previous years' interview dates? Thanks in advance.

Assuming that they do it like they have in the past, you won't get to pick. There are numerous dates throughout that period, and most of them are actually during the week.

Edit: There's always the option to try and get them to move your interview date though

Based on previous years, do we have a more precise estimate of when the dates might be, i.e. last week of February? All throughout March? 

Roughly when do we find out and how much prep. time would there be? Is there a broad range or does everyone get for e.g. at least 2 weeks notice? 

• 2 weeks later...

I asked the same question via email and here's the answer

"Interviews will be held on the following dates:

•          Wednesday, February 25
•          Saturday, February 28
•          Tuesday, March 3
•          Friday, March 6
•          Wednesday March 18
•          Saturday, March 21
•          Wednesday, March 25
•          Monday, March 30
•          Wednesday, April 1

Seems that you'll have to wait until the 28th to book your plane tickets! It's frustrating that it might be during march break...

I asked the same question via email and here's the answer

"Interviews will be held on the following dates:

•          Wednesday, February 25
•          Saturday, February 28
•          Tuesday, March 3
•          Friday, March 6
•          Wednesday March 18
•          Saturday, March 21
•          Wednesday, March 25
•          Monday, March 30
•          Wednesday, April 1

Seems that you'll have to wait until the 28th to book your plane tickets! It's frustrating that it might be during march break...

Can we pick the date???

Last year I had a lab exam on the day of my interview (at the same time too), they basically told me to get the exam moved. Don't count on having any say in your interview date/time.

It can be done (moved mine last year), but it can be tricky sometimes. In my case I had conflicts with other interviews which necessitated moving it. I was actually able to get it moved within a few hours

Side note: In the previous cycle (2012-2013), I also had a lab conflict. I wasn't even trying to change the interview, but they almost cancelled it because I told them that I was working on the conflict and hadn't resolved it within 1 week.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any basis for which date each applicant is given? ie. the strongest applicants scheduled for earlier dates

I'm pretty sure that your interview date is assigned by lottery. That's just a guess, but I doubt anyone in this forum will be able to give you a definitive answer. Adcoms work in mysterious ways.

Archived